Confused-pg113293859518

3 Replies
Jennifer - November 25

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and love to read these message boards. People keep talking about braxton hicks contractions what exactly are those?

Sherry - November 25

Braxton Hicks contractions usually start around your 5 month of pregnancy (maybe soooner?)...in a nutshell, they're basically contractions that prepare your body for the 'real event'. I've heard that sometimes they're strong enough to feel them and sometimes they're faint and aren't really aware of them. Sorry not a fantastic explaination but I'm not an expert :)

sparkles - November 25

My med book defines them as this:intermittent, painless contractions that occur in pregnancy after the third month. They help enlarge the uterus to accommodate the growing fetus, enhance uterine circulation, and facilitate placental function. They are most noticable during the last weeks of pregnancy and can occur every 10-20 minutes. They are not present in every pregnancy. They are, also, called false labor contractions. Hope this helps!

Angie - November 25

From my own personal experience of current and past pregnancy. Your entire belly will harden up and the skin will feel tight. Then it will go away just like it came on. They are usually painless. Hope that helps!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?