Discharge-pg112481791018

4 Replies
M - August 23

is white discharge normal during the second trimester?

Brandy - August 23

Yes, definitely and lots of it. I had some during the 1st but have really noticed more in the 2nd trimester.

Mandi - August 26

I have a LARGE amount of discharge, and I am in my second trimester. I was surprised by this...I mean, you read about this in books, but noone can prepare you for the amount of discharge you might have. I notice it mostly after I urinate. The one thing to keep in mind is the consistency and odor of the discharge. Not to sound disgusting, but if the discharge has a foul odor (not a mild odor but a strong fishy odor) you could have a condition known as vaginosis. This is something that your doctor would need to treat you for....with antibiotics. If your discharge is extremely thick (like cottage cheese) and there is itching involved you probably have a yeast infection. Which can be treated with OTC suppositories or creams. Either way, if you are uncomfortable about the discharge --- odor, consistency, or color --- contact your doctor. That is what they are there for....they are more than happy to help. Best of luck, and congratulations.

Brandy - August 27

Mandi, you're right. It is very important to pay attention to the color and odor. Vaginosis is very common during pregnancy. Mine has been large in amounts, but is always white and has a very neutral smell.

AB - August 29

You should apply for a job at Lubriderm.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?