FEVER-pg112922289318

10 Replies
Tracy - October 13

How dangerous is it to have a fever while you are pregnant?

cathy - October 13

It depends on how high..... If it is over 100 you need to take tylenol to bring it down and contact your doctor to let them know about it. If it reaches 102 you need to contact your doctor immediatley.

Tracy - October 13

Thanks cathy! I feel absolutely aweful. I'm scared that this might turn into pneumonia.

Cathy - October 13

Tracy, I had a very bad case of the flu a few weeks ago and was really scared because my temp went up to 102, I called my doctor and did get into see her but the tylenol and cool showers really helped bring it down. I was also taking benedryl for the running nose and stuffed up head, and robotussin for the cough, my doctor said that was the right thing to do. Hope this helps and you feel better soon. I really sucks being pregnant and sick on top of that. You can also try vics vapo rub and a humidifier. My doctor put me on antibiotics and an inhaler as well. The cold went away in 5 days. Good luck.

Tracy - October 13

THanks for the information. I called my doctor and since i have an appt tomorrow morning they jsut to wait but if the fever got too high go to the ER. My problem is that I don't any available time to take off work so i'm here at work absolutely miserable.

Cathy - October 13

Don't you hate that? Can't you just tell them you are really sick and go home? I do that, and I get a funny look, but it's either I go home and get well or I give it to everyone in the office.

Tracy - October 13

My office is the most non understanding office in the world. I'm scared that i will probably get fired if i did that. Although i know i am considered very valuable but still i don't want to test it since the insurance is so good here.

Cathy - October 14

What state do you live in? You cannot get fired for being pregnant or ill. You can sue. Except of course in Indiana, it is a employ at will state, which means although they cannot come right out and tell you you are fired for being pg they don't have to tell you anything. Good luck.

Rachel.R - October 14

I had a bad fever when i was 15 weeks pregnant. got taken to hospital cause i was getting severe cramps too. docs told me cramps come with a fever.. and just to try and keep cool, but dont get cold. just try and look after yourself. but generally i think its ok. doc also told me panadol brings a fever down too. so take some of that.. cause its safe to use when your pregnant too. which is a good thing.

Tracy - October 14

I live in Tennessee. My fever got up there last night and i took tylenol and a cold shower. That seemed to help but i go to my Ob this morning so i think i should be ok. Thank you so much for all the advice.

Cathy - October 14

Good Luck Tracy, and take care of yourself. Jobs come and go, but your little one is the most important thing right now. Let me know how it goes.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?