Finding Out The Sex -pg117277723717

14 Replies
Megan P - March 1

Do any of you know how strict your doctors are on when this ultlrasound happens? I know it's supposed to be at 20 weeks, but I also know that s_x can be determined a bit before that. When have you guys had your ultrasounds? I'm hoping to schedule mine for 18 or 19 weeks. I'm 13 weeks right now.

mel2229 - March 1

I think that it is normally around 20 weeks but I have heard of people finding out as early as 14 weeks!

Amanda18 - March 1

The 20 week ultrasound isn't just to find out the s_x.. They do it around that time to check for abnormalities I believe.

MNMOM - March 1

standard ultrasound is 20-22 weeks. The baby is developed enough for the doctor to check organs, etc but not too big that it is hard to see all the parts. My dr wouldn't let me schedule any earlier. Some pregnant women that are having complications get to have it done earlier, but as a general rule it is scheduled for 20 weeks.

Megan P - March 1

Hmmm. Last ultrasound I had at 11 1/2 weeks for Quad Screening tests. They noticed that my right ovary was much larger than normal. I guess they'll have to keep monitoring that huh? Have any of you had ovaries taken out DURING pregnancy?

MNMOM - March 1

I don't think they would do that during pregnancy unless a serious problem with your ovary risks rupturing it

mommybabyboy21 - March 1

The ultra sound can be schedule between 18 to 22 weeks. and of course its for more than just finding out the s_x. My dr allowed me to schedule mine for 18 weeks...and some other dr will too but I haven't heard of them scheduling an early one to find out the s_x...though they could as early as 14 weeks they don't because its not 100% accurate, but if for some reason they have to look you could ask...at 13 weeks I was in a car accident so they did an ultra sound we looked but couldn't see anything...but I do know alot of girls that got their ultra sound at 18 weeks...you can ask.

Cad0587 - March 1

My doctor scheduled mine for 18 weeks. She told me on my first appointment that's when it'd be.

Megan P - March 1

Thanks guys. Well, I hope my ovary stays this size, because during the last ultrasound they said if it continues to grow they would have to take it out during the pregnancy which I just DO NOT want to do. I have surgery last May for endometriosis and polyps. Not fun. I don't want to be put under with a baby in there!!!

AshleyandAverysmom - March 1

I had a cyst on my ovary, which they just kept an eye on..it went away on its on, but it was painful. Also I had an ultrasound at 15 weeks because I just wanted to be rea__sured, they just happen to see then that it was a boy, but it was proof postive at my 20 week

Megan P - March 1

Neat. I can't wait to find out if this is a girl or not. My acupuncturist told me it was a girl and says he's never been wrong. I don't really care either way. My ovary isn't causing me any pain I don't think, only when I press on my right side compared to my left. So, I hope it stays that way.

rjrmi - March 1

I had my U/S today and I am exactly 19 weeks. By the way....it's a boy!!

BiancaM - March 2

Hi Megan. I have an the big ultrasound scheduled March 29th and I believe I'll be 19 weeks and 5 days but at my last OB appointment which was Feb. 27th my doctor did a quick ultrasound and told us we were having a boy. I was 15 weeks and 4 days when I found out. So it's possibly just a question whether your doctor is willing to do it or not. Good luck!!

jenshim - March 2

I was 12w4d. Not too early. The doctor explained it to me just yesterday. She did another U/S on me yesterday at 15w4d and without me telling her we were told it's a boy at the one 3 wks earlier, she said it's a boy again and confirmed that she saw the p___s. Good luck!

jen327 - March 2

I had a level 2 u/s at 16 weeks because I have complications, and they told us we were having a boy. She did say that at 16 weeks they usually won't say unless it is a boy because if they "think" it is a girl they could just be missing the boy parts or they might be smaller at that stage.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?