Flu Shot-pg119024130019

5 Replies
kelsey - September 19

Have any of your Dr's told you to go get one? Mine said it would be a good idea.. I was curious if anyone else has because I never did with my first pregnancy

corbin289 - September 19

They offered it but I have never got one pregnant or not and I have never got the flu. It just seems like everyone I know who gets one gets sick.

kelsey - September 19

Really? My brother told me the same thing that it can make you sick and not to get it. I think Ill hold of then. I never got the flu with Nathan

corbin289 - September 19

Well shots like that contain a little bit of the bug their trying to prevent you from getting so that your boby can build up an immunity to it but alot of people end up getting it. Not as bad as the full b__wn flu but still not good. Plus the shot is for the version that they think will be going around this year and there are so many, who know if the one you'll be exposed to is the one you were vaccinated for. Thats just my feeling on getting one :)

tynadu - September 21

That shot is very good for a lot of people, and yes you may get a little sick. If you end up getting the flu again it should not be as bad. I have asthma so it is always a good idea for me. Older people should have it as well, because their bodies have a hard time fighting it off this can also be the case with some children.

Tory1980 - September 21

A lot depends on if you are high risk - ie asthmatic, elderly or have some other lung disease. If not then missing the injection isn't really a concern. I have never had one during pregnancy and the way my Doctor explained it is if you don't desperately need to get it or to take something don't! I do have asthma but everytime I have needed to get the injection I haven't been pregnant but I have never gotten sick from it. My arm felt a bit sore and I felt a bit 'off' for a day or so but never sick. I guess I am quite lucky that way! LOL!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?