Gas -pg113260300018

17 Replies
Need Help - November 21

Lately I have had the worst gas pains, so bad my stomach gets hard and problems going to the bathroom. Is this normal and can it cause harm to the baby?

Need Help - November 21

Please anyone?

Kerry - November 22

If it's any consolation I get gas too.

Alex - November 22

totally normal,it'll get better

Need Help - November 22

Thanks

t - November 22

Thats sounds like constipation, try drinking more water and excersing, even walking for 30 mins a day should help.

Need Help - November 24

Can it hurt the baby?

Need help - November 24

Also drinking a cup of coffee in the morning helps me go is that bad?

to need help - November 25

watch what you eat & drink. certain things cause gas more than others. Coffee will make you go, but it will also dehydrate you. Better to have water. That will also make you go if you have the normal 6-8 gla__ses a day. Believe me, I've tried it.

Drew - November 26

It does sound like constipation. Drinking water is very good, excercising too. Coffee is ok, just as long as you don't go overboard. If you decide to add extra fibre to your diet, be careful because that can really cause painful gas. I was told it's ok to take Colace, but I think that's something you should discuss with your doctor. It's totally normal during pregnancy, and as long as you can go every couple days baby should be fine. When your pregnant digestion slows so your body can absorb the benefits of the food you eat, and your intestinal co-ordination slows too. Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

ca. mom - November 30

you're probably experiencing bloating from constipation...eating enough fiber, drinking enough water? exercise sometimes helps me too.

mel - November 30

sure fire cure for constipation. go eat ANYTHING off the breakfast menu from McDonalds. you'll be "cleaned out" in a matter of 30 minutes. good luck. :-)

K - December 5

U know Im still not sure if I've felt my little one. Im 18 weeks and 3 days and I have felt little flutters and taps but it could also be gas and I've been pluged up latley. Sorry I know gross but has anyone else had this problem and not sure if its their baby or not?

mel - December 5

as for the plugged up....YES! with my first pregnancy I consulted my doctor with not being able to "#2" because I'd never been constipated a day in my life and honestly had no idea what was going on! it was funny. as for the feeling flutters.....YES to that too. I'm sure I felt little flutters here and there, but they're just so light that you second guess yourself until you get a really good kick. I got my first good one at 20 1/2 weeks. it's most likely the baby you are feeling now....but I know how you feel about not being sure. give yourself a couple more weeks and you'll be giggling at yourself for straining so hard to feel the baby. you'll be feeling him/her even when you don't feel like feeling it! ha take care.

katie - December 5

to mel thanks for your help

ELS - December 5

Colace works. I was given that while I was pregnant it is a stool softener and gentle natural laxative. It will help. Is your stomach getting hard then relaxing? If so that sounds like contractions.

Jennifer - December 6

I occasionally get such bad gas that it's a good thing I can pinpoint it's exact location, or I might think baby was in trouble. It makes me double over and come close to crying. But after sitting on the toilet for a while, it usually pa__ses pretty quickly. Once it took 10 minutes for it to go away completely.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?