Gestational Diabetes-pg112990432618

6 Replies
nic nac - October 21

Has anyone had this. I took the 1hour blood test for this and i am waiting for the results. My doctor called me yesterday and left a message and i am waiting to talk to her. I have a feeling it's about the results. I made sure i didn't eat sugar 48 hours prior. What happens if its positive?

nic nac - October 21

the dr. called and my blood test rsults came back with elevated levels of glucose. now i have to go back for the three hour test. does anyone have any suggestions. I know the test gives false positives so i want to know if there is anything else i can do to make sure the results come back negative.

bump - October 21

bump

hi nic nac - October 21

First of all don't worry!! I am prego with my 3rd and with all 3 I have had this yes I went thru the 3 hour test and it came back bad as well but if your not over weight this can be controlled with diet and it is really easy you just have to cut out sweets you can still have some just very little and not stuff your face with food as much as you may want to ha ha lol...the bigest thing with this is having a large baby...my first weighted 6lbs 11oz and my 2nd was 6lbs 6oz and well this one is still in the "oven" but so far he is the right size...but you really don't have to worry it does not affect the baby like deformeties or anything it is way worse if you are a diabetic before you get pregnant but this is a common thing and most do not have to take medication at all just diet they will put you on a 2200 calerie diet if you do have it...well good luck to you oh one more thing there is nothing you can do to make the test come back negitive if you have it believe me I would have done it if I could have hope this helped put your mind to ease...also you can do a google search and find out tons of info on this...

AMY - October 21

I WORK AT A LAB AND WE DO THESE TESTS EVERYDAY.USUALLY U HAVE ONE WHEN U ARE AROUND 6 MONTHS PREG.IF U FAIL THE 1 HR(YOUR SUGAR IS TOO HIGH)THEN U WILL BE GIVEN A SUGAR DRINK AGAIN AND YOU WILL DO A 3 HR TEST.

nic nac - October 21

thank you for your help. from now on i will cut down on the sugar. can i still have splenda??

MeM - October 23

When I was 10 weeks I had elevated sugar levels. Right now my doctor has me testing my sugar three times a day. Really dont' worry, you'll be fine. I have controlled my sugars with diet and I'm doing well...tomorrow I will be 16 weeks :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion