Gestational Diabetes-pg113209094018

4 Replies
amy - November 15

I have been getting the shakes throught out the day like my blood sugar gets low.im 19 wks pregnant si i havent had the glucola test yet,Im wondering if anyone knows the symptons of gest,diabetes??

Tess - November 15

If you were diabetic before you got pregnant then you would have a high risk. It would all depend on the day you take your glucose test....Dr. would determine if you need another test done or not.....Goodluck to you!

to Amy & to Tess - November 15

What if a person was hypoglycemic before pregnancy? Hypoglycemics have the tendency (if they're not taking care of themselves &/or a situation presents itself) to become diabetics. And diabetics get low blood sugar from time to time, which is a hypoglycemia attack. The reason I'm asking if I have the same conern as Amy. I usually have a problem with low blood sugar, and I've noticed it a lot more during this pregnancy. Plus, my mom had gestational diabetes with my brother, and I'm sure I got my hypoglycemia from her since she gets shaky & irritable on a pretty regular basis when she doesn't eat as well. Thanks.

Tess - November 15

To the last poster- If I were you I would consult my Dr. right away. Im no Dr. or whatever but just based on my own experienced ( i took the 1 hr glucose and the 3 hrs glucose) failed the 1st one and pa__sed the 2nd one. So...it would be best if you would make an appt w/ your Dr. and bring up all your concerns. goodluck to you!

to Tess - November 15

Thanks. I tend to forget these things (well, pregnancy brain, of course), but know it's important. Plus, I a__sumed the doctor would automatically do the test in a few more weeks.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?