Headaches-pg112896356118

5 Replies
Cheryl - October 10

I'm around 15 weeks pregnant and I've been getting really bad headaches all the time. I've even missed work a couple of days because of them. Does anyone know why this happens or how to get rid of them? I go to the doctor next week so I'm going to see what he suggests then.

KLC - October 10

Hi I am between 14 & 15 weeks and just yesterday I woke up with sharp pains that went from one side of my head to the other. Within 2 hours I had a full b__wn migraine so bad that my face was slightly swollen and I was unable to move because the pain when I did was unbearable. I have a history of migraines and use to take a prescription for them but this is my 4th pregnancy and I have never had a migraine with any of my other pregnancies. Also never one this bad..so i feel your pain..let's hope this pa__ses soon...must be the hormones!!!

bump - October 11

bump

Amy - October 11

I had really bad headaches until 19 weeks. you can take tylenol but it didn't really help me. It helped me to have a full stomach and snack on foods because when I got a headache I also got sick to my stomach. The good thing -- it does go away but for some of us lucky ones, it takes a little longer than the 12 week period. good luck.

Michelle - October 11

I'm 14 1/2wks now and i too experienced a bad headache last night. All I did was lay in bed and put warm water on a washcloth and put it on my head. After a while it went away. I know how you're feeling Cheryl.

Nikki - October 11

Hi Cheryl, sorry to hear about your headaches. I know exactly how you feel. I'm 22 weeks and I suffered with headaches from aprrox 6 weeks on, but because baby isn't fully formed until 16 weeks I was only allowed to take Paracetamol as that is all thats considered safe in pregnancy. Once I was past 16 weeks my doc also gave me Codine to top up on the paracetamol I was already taking. Apart from that, the best things I found that worked, were, a cold wet flannel across your forehead whilst lying in a dark quiet room. Cool 'n' Soothe for migraines, and breathing in hot vicks. If all else fails, and you feel really unwell, just pester your doctor, as in the end I had a Sinus infection that was making my headaches unbearable. I wish you all the best for the future. Good Luck. :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?