Heart Beat -pg113140487818

3 Replies
Ash - November 7

i am 15 weeks preg... and i went to the doctors and he couldn't find the heartbeat.. is this common for how far along i am... he said the baby could have been positioned wrong but im still worried??

Emy - November 7

Did you mean that he could not find it with the doppler? It is true that the placenta could be in the way and this would affect it. Although at 15 weeks, had the baby been in the right position, you would definitely hear it. If you doctor does not seem worried, please don't let yourself worry too much. If there was really something to be concerned about your doctor would have scheduled an ultrasound. I would definetely call and ask if you can come in for another check though and then if the doctor can not find it again ask for more clarifications.

C. - November 7

I would definitely ask, or even insist on an u/s, if he doesn't check for the h/b again this week. It doesn't seem right, you should be faced with this kind of anxiety. Hope you get to hear the h/b very soon!!

Terra - November 8

Ash, it depends if they used a stethoscope or a doppler, using a doppler they should be able to pick it up, but never fear, it depends on the position, and what not.. If they get concerned, then they'll give you an ultrasound, there you can see for your own eyes the little heartbeat beating away.. by 18 or the start of my 19wks, my doc could hear it with his stethoscope so I've heard it both ways.. But I'm also very pet_te.. All belly so to speak. good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?