Heartburn -pg120144321162

7 Replies
Sprinkles - January 27

I am wondering what just happened.. I typically wake up choking on stomache acid that takes my breath away and sends me running to the bathroom ready to vomit because I cough so hard then it sits on top of my throat so I keep clearing my throat and the taste of it makes me gag. Now last night I woke up ok and let my dogs out and had a drink of ice tea then went back to bed - and just woke up feeling like i was suffocating again or choking or something but this time there was a taste of blood in my mouth which made me gag even more and then this insanly sharp pain - not like your typical heartburn ...I felt it go SLOOOWWLLLYYY alll the way down my chest I felt as though I literally swallowed glass then it went off into my left chest area ...I have NEVER felt pain like that it was like a burning/cutting feeling so bad it made my eyes tear adn I have had heartburn but this was another level I of course was gagging and I hadn't eaten anything to throw up so it was brown/yellowish with a small tinge of blood. I don't know what that just was and I am wondering if I should be concerned ...I'm not one for running to the doctors for every little thing so If it was just a SERIOUSLY SEVERE case of heartburn then ok i won't drink ice tea on an empty stomache anymore but I was wondering if anyone else ever experienced anything like that and what it could be ..

cors1wfe - January 27

Sprinkles - I have experienced something like that but figured out after b__wing my nose that since the weather is so dr my nose gets what I call "bloody booger syndrome" and that blood runs down my throat and chokes me and makes me gag and sometimes vomit.....so...How is your nose? I wake up with blood taste in my mouth and I could probably help my nose if I got a humidifier but .....I think if you had a serious condition that would produce even a small amount of blood in your vomit you would feel very uncomfortable a lot of the time....or even have darker poops as a result of the blood in the stomach or digestive tract - hope that helps

Sprinkles - January 27

I do get the blood in my nose too not a bloody nose but just when i b__w .. I didnt have a substantial amount of blood when I spit up what was in my throat I just thought maybe like the acid or something burned my throat real bad .. or irritated it i dont know i just never felt the chest pain like that - it wasnt a burning as much as like a sharp cutting pain.... I also coughed this morning and you know when you cough and get that hard pain like in the middle of your chest like a broncial cold .. I had that too so I don't know it may be a combination of things.. just scared me My mom told me to stop taking my vitamins before bed that may be irritating my stomache more ...so I am going to move them to the morning and my mom also said to not drink ice tea then go to bed haha she had insane heartburn all the time and she takes pepcid complete so I read that on my list of OK things to take so I am going to get some of that ..then take my vitamins in the AM about a hour before breakfast and then not drink any ice tea before bed haha I really hope this helps cause that pain was incredible... i can handle heartburn but that was beyond heartburn ...you know I could use a humidifier too haha I wake up with so much boogies and my nose and throat are SO dry i have to open my mouth real wide to seperate the back of my throat area ... and my nose hurts all day and wakes me up it gets so sore.

cors1wfe - January 27

Prenatal can be murder on our bodies which sometimes makes me wonder why we "have" to take them lol - I take mine right after breakfast this way they don't make me nauseous - I had taken mine at night a few times but woke up feeling gross...I am sure its a combination of things and I might suggest just changing one thing at a time instead of all three - like maybe just change your prenatal time then after a night or 2 if it keeps up then take pepcid if you do all 3 at once you won't really know what was causing it to begin with but that's just a suggestion....Good luck

Sprinkles - January 27

Thats a good idea - I went today to the pharmacy and the pharmacist was telling to check with my doctor before taking pepcid complete and that pepcid ac was ok ... he wasnt sure about the complete version but my mom says that the pepcid ac didnt work for her - so I have a huge thing of tums i didnt want to spend 20 bucks on something else that wont work so i got the pepcid complete and I figure since I cant speak to my doc til tomorrow for tonight i just wont take the vitamins .. then tomorrow am i will take them and in the afternoon contact my docs office and see what they say. I also got pepto bismol so if i cant use this i can maybe use that ... and if i cant use it - at least that is something good to have and my dauhter could use it (the pepto) my chest still hurts lol 6 hrs later! I was really coughing up a storm

sarah21 - January 27

Give the pepcid a try. It has worked for me since I was diagnosed with acid reflux disease when I was 11. I know it's expensive, but it will help, I promise.

sarah21 - January 27

Oh you can also take the generic "Famotidine" and it is exactly the same thing as Pepcid but cheaper.

Sprinkles - January 27

I bought the pepcid complete and I will def end up trying before the end of this pregnancy lol cause with my daughter i had HORRENDOUS heartburn at the end - this time its starting sooner.. and the foot cramps are kickin in now too lol I am going to clear it with the doc tomorrow then I should be good . I googled it and seems alot of women use it .. so I am sure he will be cool with it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion