Hiccups-pg113519791118

6 Replies
missy - December 21

is it normal for baby to have hiccups as early as 18 weeks. I know this is probably a dumb question, I had my ultrasound yesterday and she had hiccups--it was so neat but I also have heard that it can distress the baby--is that true?? Everything was good and healthy with baby!!!

mel - December 21

I've never heard that before. It's REALLY common for them to have the hiccups. I don't see how it would distress the baby any. aggrevate her maybe. but not distress. :-)

Steph - December 21

When I was pregnant with my daughter, she got them all the time! Doctor never said it was bad for her, and if it was, I don't know how you would stop your baby from getting them anways.

mel - December 21

that's what I'm saying! how are you supposed to prevent it or stop it? and why would it possibly be bad for the baby? are they bad for us? hhhhmmmm

Steph - December 21

They are bad for me when they start to p__s me off!! LOL- I wonder if the babies get a little p__sy from the also??

Rachel.R - December 21

Hiccups do not harm your baby at all.. they dont distress your baby either, thats what my doc told me.. she said they dont hurt bubs stomach like they do with ours.. Apparantly in a recent study, they proved that babies that get hiccups while in there cope better with the whole labour.. My bubba gets hiccups like 2 or 3 times a day.. There is no way to stop your baby from getting them.. its just a natural thing.. If your worried.. like with everything, you should speak to your doctor about it.

missy - December 22

thanks for your responses--I didnt think they could harm baby--when this person told me this I thought they were crazy, but then I wondered if anyone else had ever heard it!! Guess not!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?