How Soon -pg111682363718

6 Replies
jessie - May 23

What is the earliest an Ultrasound can tell you the gender of your baby (assuming the baby is in an open position)? I'm going in for my first u.s. at about 16 1/2 weeks. Thanks for any response...

Brandi - May 23

This is strange I know but my doctor saw it was a boy at 12 wks. of course this is way early and unlikely but he had his legs wide open when we did the 12 wk u/s. The genitals are fully formed by now. I guess for most it is 16-25 wks.

lilmum - May 23

with my first pregnancy, we found out it was a boy at 17 weeks 4 days. I am going for my ultrasound with this baby at exactly 17 weeks, so i really hope we can see it again this time!!

R - May 23

I am 21 weeks and I just found out today that I'm having a boy. My doctor said you can normally tell from 16 weeks on.

Audrea - May 24

I read in a pregnancy book that an ultrasound tech can identify the s_x of the fetus at 13 weeks, but it is better to wait to get the ultrasound at 16 weeks earliest so the tech can also check other organs as well as the s_x and because sometimes if younger than 16 weeks if it is a boy his little boy parts may not be formed well enough yet and may be taken for a girl by mistake.Hope that makes sense.

Ranya - May 24

Hi ladies, I'm 17 wks 5 days and dying to find out the s_x of my baby. At 15 wks couldn't tell at all...Are you all doing the regular 2D ultrasounds or 3D which is done v____ally, I think the latter can give you more accurate results sooner...

Jo - May 24

Jessie, unless your baby is not cooperating (ie, has his/her legs closed) the technician will prob be able to tell at your next apt.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?