Inverted Nipples-pg113261085318

6 Replies
mls - November 21

if you have inverted or flat nipples, did you have any success br___tfeeding earlier children. you're SUPOSSED to still be able to bf, but I had such a hard time with my first and would like to try again with this one.

Katie - November 21

Good question mls I would like to know the answer to that to.

Drew - November 22

Hi! I have inverted nipples, and nothing makes them come out! lol I have a seven year old little girl, and yup, they swore to me you can still b___stfeed. Well, I tried sooooo hard, and even went to the lactation consultant the day after we got out of the hospital. I told her I was probably going to pump and she just about died! Like it was the worst thing in the world! Like I didn't try hard enough, and my baby would hate me for it later. She told me if my daughter got hungry enough, she could do it. Well, she was 6 pounds 81/2 oz. at birth, and when her weight dipped to nearly 5 1/2 pounds, I'd had enough and just rented a pump. The BEST decision I ever made! She still got all the benefits of the milk, but then other people in her life also got the bonding of feeding her too. This time I'm gonna give it a go, and if it doesn't work, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm just going to rent the pump. My advice would be to try b___st feeding, if that's what you want to do. But, don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work. Good luck, hope this helps! :)

mls - November 22

thank you. I may take your advice and if I'm unable to feed, pump rather than going straight to formula like I did with my first. thanks again.

Jennifer - November 22

My friend had inverted nipples and she used b___st shields, which popped 'em right out. After a while, her nipples stayed out, but at that point her daughter wouldn't take a bare nipple. So I guess if you don't mind carrying around a b___st sheild, then go for it. Otherwise you take your chances on whether or not the baby'll take the b___st without any sheilds.

Drew - November 23

Actually, my ob told me to try the sheilds. They didn't do anything for me except cause alot of pain. I guess it depends on just how badly they are inverted. For me the pain of the sheilds were just not worth it.

Me - November 23

I have flat nipples and tried to bf my first. Tried the shields...nothing worked. I had read the same thing, that you were still supposed to be able to bf. Both ds and I were miserable trying so we gave up after 2wks. I don't plan on even trying with this one. It became too emotinal for me and I don't want to put myself or the baby through it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion