Is It Ok-pg112722254218

4 Replies
sarah - September 20

this might seem like a stupid question but i have to ask. would anyone know if its safe to drink Red Bulls (the energy drink) while your pregnant. i always drank them before i got pregnant and know i've been craving them them and im scare to have one thinking it might harm the baby. I'm 21 weeks along. If anyone could help that would be great i feel stupid calling my doc about it. Thanks and good luck everyone

chris - September 20

sarah, i love red bull also, but i think that would be a big no, no. i'm told that i can only drink 1 cup of coffee a day. imagine how much actual caffeine is in red bull. i think we have to wait until after the baby is born and we really need that boost!

To Sarah: - September 20

way to much caffeine.....best to wait till baby born, then be careful if you b___stfeed....will get into your milk.....

sarah - September 20

thanks for answering. I figured it wasn't safe but i had to ask. These d__n craving are driving me nuts lol but i can wait till after my little guy is born.

Ashley - September 20

sarah, the problem is, the caffine is only in your system for about 4 hours tops, but it can remain in the baby's for 6 to 144 hours because the kidneys and liver are just developing. So caffine can build up in the baby's system. I just learned this last week at birth cla__s, not to sound all-knowing, lol! It is so sad to crave things I can't have! I was sick for 10 weeks and lost almost as many pounds and now that my appit_te's back I want EVERYTHING! Sorry about the red bull . . . . .

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?