Is It Possible -pg111865009818

9 Replies
chez119 - June 13

Hello ladies hope you dont mind me popping over from ttc board, but thought you would be better equipt to answer my question...here goes...Is it possible to be about 15 weeks pregnant and still have periods? you see my last normal period was in Feb, but March was 8 days late, April was also 4 days late but May was on time, all of these af's have been very light for me with normal flow for 1st day then brown and pink spotting. Whats confusing me is that all test i have taken have been bfn all except 1 i took just before may af, of course i put it to the back of my mind when af came. But since last af i have noticed i have put on weight around my tummy (don't know how this could happen i always watch my diet and exercise). Well anyways (sorry for going on) i took another test this morning and yet again there is a very faint line saying positive, it is darker than the last one but still very faint, but dont know wheter to get my hopes up or not. Sorry for babbling but need to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and found themselves to be 15 weeks pregnant and still have af? Thanks in advance for any feedback its greatly appreciated. x

SE - June 13

There are other posts on this board about women being pregnant and still getting periods, so apparently that is possible. As for the test with a faint line, I'm pretty sure that is a positive result. The first test I took had a really faint line so I called the 800 number on the box and it said "a second line, no matter how faint, indicates a positive result." The lines react with a hormone that you only have when you are pregnant so if you are getting a line at all then that has to mean you are pregnant. I'm just worried about why you would get such a faint line at 15 weeks. How could your hormone level be so low still? That seems a little suspicious to me. Maybe you just conceived this month, though, or maybe you were pregnant but had a miscarriage and the hormone level is on it's way back down. I'm not sure there is any way to avoid getting your hopes up, I'm afraid. I think you need to go to the doctor's ASAP and hopefully they will do a sonogram to see what is going on for sure.

chez119 - June 13

please help idont know what to think...Is a positive a positive?

chez119 - June 13

SE thanks for your input, i live in the uk and dont think doctors will do a sonogram to check without doing a urine test 1st (maybe im wrong) but im going to make an appoint with them now. x

Justine - June 13

Chex - I'm 18 weeks pregnant and had bleeding around week 8 and week 12 so it's very possible to be pregnant and bleed. I had a very strong positive test on the day my period was due however (I did IVF so I knew I could be pregnant). A lot of women who have bleeding can have faint positives but I doubt they would have this at 15 weeks. A faint positive is still a positive but can mean your hormones are low. I would guess you are not 15 weeks pregnant - you should be getting a strong positive by then and should not have had all the BFNs. I think its more likely you could be say 1 month pregnant. The best thing to do is to see a doctor and get them to test you and do a ultrasound. Good luck.

Ranya - June 13

Chez, do a blood test, it's 99% accurate and takes out all the guessing! Good luck and hope the outcome is what you want.

SE - June 13

chez119, did you go to the doctor's?

kim j - June 13

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME WITH MY FIRST BABY 6 YEARS AGO. i EVENWENT TO THE DOCTORS AND TOOK A BLOOD TEST AND THE FIRST ONE WAS NEG. IT WAS NOT UNTIL I WAS WAY INTO MY 3RD MONTH THAT WE ACTUALLY GOT AS BIG FAT POSITIVE..... GO TO THE DOCTORS!!

Sis - June 13

Hi chez119...if U R 15 weeks, it is possible that pregn.test is weaker. Simply b/c preg.test detects hormone hCG,which naturally peaks in your blood by 10-12 weeks and then the levels drastically drop. So test CAN NOT yield stronger line results at all. The only concern is that bleeding, this could be caused by many things...placenta previa, bleeding brittle uterine arteries...so I would definitely check that out with your OB/ GYN to make sure, it is nothing serious. Good luck,Sis

chez119 - June 14

I spoke to my nurse yesturday and explained the faint lines and my periods, she advised me to wait until the end of the month as it is possible that im only about 6 weeks (just to be sure) and doctors test will only come back positive after 6 weeks. She did say to take another test in a week or so as over the counter hpts are a lot stronger than the ones they use. Im just a bit worried that if i am 15 weeks and not getting the medical care advised that i might be putting my babys health at risk. Im convinced that im further along than 6 weeks as my belly seems to be betting bigger each time i look, and im almost positive that i can feel 'flutters' every now and then, but then a small part of me is thinking that maybe its all in my head as my b___sts arent sore (nipples are). Sorry if im rambling, what do you all think i should do?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?