Is This Normal -pg119256316819

4 Replies
Nervousmommy2b - October 16

I am 13 weeks pregnant. When I lie down on my back I get this terrible pain in the lowest part of my back, but above my tailbone. Also if I get up the wrong way it hurts too. Is this normal? My dr. tells me everything is normal so she's not much help. Thanks!

evae777 - October 16

you may just be having back pains, not necessarily a bad sign of anything.

Greeklady28 - October 16

I had backaches starting at 10 weeks, and it hasn't gotten any better. Anytime I lay on my back, I am in horrible pain. The worst part is when I get ultrasounds. They make you lay flat on your back and getting up is tough. My doctor says the back pain won't go away til after the baby is born and to get used to it. Tylenol helps sometimes, but doesn't take away all the pain. Hang in there

tish212 - October 18

I have been advised by my drs and midwife to not lie on my back because the pressure of the baby and everything inside (the fluid and placenta and such) presses down on ur spine and if any organs get in the way it can push down on them too. and sadly once the back pain starts it does not go away....it gets more pronounced as u get further I am almost 30 weeks and it gets more and more painful..not trying to scare u...u can do small things to ease the pain such as a warm bath a heating pad on low...tylenol...and there are stretches to help too look them up online I know one is a yoga position called angry cat or something it sounds crazy but it helps sooooo much trust me....I do it at least 2 times a day. gl..and please try not to lie on ur back I'm surprised ur dr hasn't advised u against that...hugs

Nervousmommy2b - October 18

Thanks Tish212! I appreciate the advice! :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion