Losing Weight-pg116983457351

3 Replies
chica1 - January 26

Hi! I'm 15 weeks and I had an appointment yesterday and of course i was weighed. I've been eating normally as always. My appet_te hasn't increased since before i was pregnant. However, I haven't gained any weight yet I've lost 3 pounds. Is this normal or ok?

sahmof3 - January 26

It's probably fine. With each of my pregnancies I lost weight and ended up about 20 lbs. lighter at 9 months than I had been pre-preg. My babies ended up weighing 9 lbs. 5 oz., 8 lbs. 3 oz. and 10 lbs. 6 oz. so I guess they were getting plenty to eat in there!

ejmeskan - January 26

That is normal, I had the same thing happen to me. At 20 weeks I hadn't gained any and had lost 2 from the appt before, I was really concerned and they didn't even flinch, I just went in to my most recent appt and had gained 11lbs just like that- I was again really concerned that I gained to much to quick. The doctor just laughed at me and said "I am not sure that you will be able to be happy about your weight, you lose weight and you are nervous, you gain weight and you are nervous- You are pregnant- you weight is going to fluchuate a TON. Don't worry!" So I took that advice (Althought I gain another couple of lbs over the last few days.) No worries though- you body is doing a lot of hard work getting ready for this little babe- it is shedding some lbs because of it!

sarahd - January 26

Lots of women lose a few pounds in the first trimester, especially if you are overweight at all (and often even if you're not). You'll likely start gaining weight soon enough!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?