Movement-pg117254768735

3 Replies
brownfam - February 26

Hi, I am just turning 5 months pregnant and we are very happy. I am a dance teacher and a fitness instructor so I am always on the go. My body is telling me when to slow down and I'm not pushing myself to hard at all. The Dr. says I'm doing very well and I'm right on track. However, I don't feel much movement. This is my first pregnancy and I don't really know what to look for. I have also read that the more muscular you are the harder it may be to feel movement. Should I be worried? Please help me understand. Thank you.

Tammy276 - February 26

How many weeks are you? A lot of first time moms don't really feel movement until around 20 - 24 weeks, so I wouldn't worry too much....and the more active you are, the less you will notice movements. The first movements you feel will feel like little flutters or gas bubbles.

lovestruckjsw - February 27

Also, if the mother is very active and moving all the time, it creates a rocking sensation for the baby and most likely lulls them to sleep many times. That is why the time you are most likely to feel movement is when you sit down after moving all day or when you lay down to try and get some sleep. Like Tammy said, it will feel like gas bubbles (but a lil different... you'll just know) and b___terfly flutters. I'm 15 weeks and I've barely felt both of those feelings. You'll just "know" when you feel it. : )

AshleyandAverysmom - February 27

I am the mother of two and 25 weeks with baby #3, I am on the go all day, but usually feel the baby after I eat and particully at night when Im watching TV, 20 weeks is still early to feel the best kicks. In about 2-3 weeks you will really feel the intense kicking and moving, It's fun to feel and watch!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?