Mucus Plug-pg116888573422

3 Replies
Mindi_2kids - January 15

Is is possible for me to lose my mucus plug at 20 wks pregnant? I have quite a bit of mucus like discharge it has no odor or real color.

sarahd - January 15

If this discharge is unusual for you, then I'd suggest calling your doctor. I've had increased v____al discharge since I got pregnant, but if you haven't and all of a sudden a ton of stuff comes out (sorry if gross), then it's a good idea to call your doc, especially if you start feeling any cramps or contractions. Good luck!

Tammy276 - January 15

it is normal to start getting an increase in discharge around this time...it is also possible that your mucus plug could be dislodging, but this early on, it usually replenishes itself...the mucus plug is usually tinged with a bit of brownish or red blood

momtbc - January 15

If it's not huge and blood tinged - brown or pink, it probably isn't your whole mucus plug. At this point it is probably just increased discharge due to hormone changes. You can lose your mucus plug in pieces, but not normally until later on in your pregnancy. I would still mention it to your doctor. Does your doctor have a nurses line? Sometimes you can just call and leave a question with the nurse, she will consult with the doctor then call you back. At least it will make you feel better about the situation.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion