Name Question-pg120258447631

4 Replies
Whitney - February 9

Just looking for some opinons here. me & my husband are both Canadaian & caucasian & we don't know what we are having yet, but if we have another boy (already have a 2 year old) we think we want to name him Desmond - its the only boys name we both really agree on. But everyone keeps telling us that it is common african american name & it would be weird to name to name him that. I personaly don't ever even think of those kinds of things, I just like the name so that's all that metters to me ... and actually I think the name is Irish - but I just keep getting weird reactions from friends. Anyway, just wondering about other opinions. Thanks!

jennifer_33106 - February 9

If you like it, then like y ou said, that is all that matters. It does not sound overly african american and even if it does who cares? haha My baby is only 1/4 black and we are naming her Aaliyah. I really hope she comes out with some color to her because I dont want her to be pasty like me. haha but I know that she prolly will come out on the lighter side. We just like the name and well with me it is impotant for her to know that she is bi-racial and not just white. But the name Desmond doesnt sound funny at all. It is a good strong name. Again if you like it then go for it. It is just something that is new and different and some people dont like different. GL!!

bean - February 9

Desmond is the name of one of the characters on the TV show LOST - and he's white and British.

mama keya - February 9

Hi I'm also Black and the name Desmond is from Irish Origin I just googled it.(try it)

Cat24 - February 12

Desmond is so cute.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?