Nesting -pg119150523072

13 Replies
sahm2alaj - October 4

Hi mommies and mommies to-be! I am going on 25 weeks with #3 and lastnight I started washing all of the baby's clothes!! The night before I was rearranging his furniture and setting up his closet.... I remember nesting with #2 at around 30+ weeks (this was only a yr and a half ago). Has anyone else begun nesting? I have been cleaning everything in sight!!!!

sarah21 - October 4

Nope. I sincerely hope the nesting instinct hits me with enough notice to actually get all the stuff done that I need to. I feel like I'm just dragging through the day. Of course, the only time I have to clean is on the weekends, so it seems like I get to laundry, the kitchen, the living room, and the bathroom and that's it... sigh. Send some of your nesting this way would ya?

jennifer_33106 - October 4

You know last Wendsday, I forced Shon (my huband) to paint the baby room and we had to set up all the baby furniture that day. It could not wait in my mind. I get these spontaneous urges to clean things that could wait but not to me. They have to get done NOW!! I am only 20 weeks tomorrow. How early does the nesting urge hit? Shon has noticed a difference in me but I had'nt til you mentioned this and really thought about it. haha

Tory1980 - October 4

I have to say yes! Hubby tells me I am nesting, I say I am getting around to things that need done. I have rearranged my living room, my youngest sons room, painted and cleaned out cupboards over the past week. I am 26weeks today and this will be my fourth baby. I have never done anything like this that early in any of my other pregancies and have always gone into labour 3-4weeks after it so I am freaking out a little! Lets hope baby stays there for AT LEAST another 10 weeks! LOL!

kaitlin - October 4

Yes, definitely! I'm 25 weeks with #2 and this happened to me a few weeks ago, when we decided to put my ds in his big boy bed in his new room. I wanted that to be done a few months in advance of my second son being born. Moving all of his stuff into his new room made me have to move his other stuff into his nursery, and of course, that meant arranging EVERYTHING for the baby. So, now I have nothing to do! I do feel better about it, though. It was nice to get ds into his new room and have that all organized, and to get all his stuff out of the nursery, so I can get the infant stuff like the Diaper Genie and all that fun stuff back in there from our bas____nt.

sahm2alaj - October 4

Okay so it's good to know I am not alone in this one! I am normally pretty organized, but lately I am super crazy about having things clean and ready for baby. If I could go up to the attic I would get the ba__sinet and swing down already, but hubby wants to wait! Geez

sahm2alaj - October 4

Kaitlin- how old is your DS? We just purchased a toddler bed for my son and I haven't attempted to have him sleep in it because I don't even know where to start! I am hoping to have him in it by the time this baby is ready to go in the crib.

Anathi - October 5

Sorry ladies but I'm so wishing to feel that nesting feeling especially knowing that the baby is now around the corner wow its amazing

BeccaBaby1 - October 5

I've always been a bit of a messy girl but lately I can't stand anything dirty or out of order. Even if I'm exhausted I just want to clean clean clean. It's been that way since about 8 weeks! My husband is enjoying the tidy new me. I'm sure this belly will slow me down soon though.

kaitlin - October 9

Hi Sahm2alaj. Sorry I haven't checked in lately, so I hadn't seen your question. My ds is 21 months now. He has been in his new bed for a couple of weeks, and it is going great. He was never very fond of the crib, because he moves around a lot and hits it and it wakes him, so this works really well. He absolutely loves his new room. All his stuff is in there (except the crib and change table) so he really doesn't miss his old room at all. He always wants to be near his "Bed Bed".

Astra - October 9

i think I've been hit with the nesting bug way early. I'm almost 17 weeks and yesterday I was hit with an urge to clean and rearrange. I cleaned out and rearranged a large pantry cupboard and my pots and pans in the kitchen. Now I am thinking of my next project. Before my pregnancy I was working full time + but I left my work at the begining of the pregnancy since it is a very stressfull job. Now I suddenly have time to invest in my home and it feels so good!

sarah21 - October 9

Aww quit bragging Astra. ;) I can't wait until I got on maternity leave and can be at home. But I am going to try to work up until I go into labor just because I want to spend as much time as possible with my little one once it's here.

Astra - October 9

Hi Sarah, I was planning to do that too but had to leave early because of health reasons (the stress was doing bad things to my body!). There are some days I miss working so I guess you can't have everything. How long do you get for maternity leave?

sahm2alaj - October 9

kaitlin-DS is 20 months, but I have no idea how to start introducing him to his bed. I mean he climbs on it all the time, but I don't quiet think he has the concept that he is supposed to sleep there. I am thinking of just putting him down to sleep in his big bed and leaving the room, but I know he will probably just get up and start walking around or something... any suggestions? I hope our transition is as smooth as yours! :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion