Paranoid -pg114833363718

4 Replies
Hana - May 22

Hiya. I had my 21 week scan today and its a boy! However i did a silly thing and ask the sonographer if the cord was wrapped around the neck (i always had this paranoia coz my baby cousin died that way) and she told me she could not reveal that information because it could always unwrap itself and lots of babies were born in perfect health with cords wrapped around their necks and basically did not want to stress me out. She was basically saying yes it was but not to worry..or else she could have just said 'no its not'. And now im worried and paranoid. What will happen if it stays wrapped for another 4 months and gets more and more wrapped preventing blood supply from getting to the brain? Please someone tell me im being stupid and to stop worrying lol

Taffy - May 22

Hana, what the sonographer said was true. Where the cord is now probably wouldn't be anything close to where it will be 4 months from now. Some hospitals don't allow sonographers to disclose certain information simply because they are often not medically qualified. Things could just have easily been fine but they're not allowed to tell you that either. Sit back and enjoy the next 4 months. If there are any problems later on they will do another scan and be prepared for it when you deliver. Take care.

ITSABOY - May 22

The way i see it the baby moves and moves in a million diffrent positions before he is born.He will be fine if you are scard just pray about it i promise that will work!

ThePezChick - May 22

I've heard the cord will wrap and unwrap around the baby's neck throughout the pregnancy. If you're worried, call your doctor.

mcatherine - May 22

Pez is right - they say it wraps and unwraps throughout the whole time. The u/s tech may not have been able to tell you, but your doctor can.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion