Pelvic Pain -pg113632044218

10 Replies
** - January 3

I am 25 weeks and have had severe pain in my pelvic/va___al area. It feels like I was kicked 1000 times really hard. It hurts to walk. Has anyone else experienced this?

N - January 3

I haven't felt that, but I do have a shooting pain that goes down through that area quite a bit. Have you experienced this? I don't know what would cause the pain you are experiencing...

Tracy - January 3

What kind of pain is it, is it a sharp pain or a dull ache? I have had a dull ache that is much more severe at some times, but seems to always be there. I am going to the doctor tomorrow and am going to ask what it is and if it is normal.

Nita - January 3

I seem to have this dull aching pain around that area as well. At first it seemed like it was right around my tail bone but reading this thread makes me wonder if it's more widespread than that. caz it feels painful when i'm walking. I'm in my 16th week now and this has been there since last 4-5 days. I called my doc with the tailbone hurting problem, and they said to take tylenol and if it doesn't help, they'll schedule me for physical therapy... not sure why it hurts so early in the pregnancy! this is our first, so don't know what to expect when!Tracy, do let us know what your doctor says.

to: tracy - January 3

It is more like a constant dull ache, although it did happen one day last week and I went to bed then when I woke up it had gone away. It started again yesturday and is still painful today. It hurts really bad to get up and walk around. Let me know what the doc says!

momm4 - January 4

Let us know what the doctor says, I'm curious. I noticed a strange dull aching sensation in the same area a couple days ago. It lasted all day, and made walking, even standing, very painful. It was a combination of an ache and pressure, is that what you experienced?

26 WKS - January 4

IV BEEN LIKE THAT FOR ABOUT 4 WKS NOW. BY THE END OF THE DAY I CAN HARDLY WALK IT HURTS SO BAD. MY DR IS GOING TO GIVE ME A PRES. FOR A PREGNANCY BELT ON FRI THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HELP. I SURE HOPE IT DOES!!

Tracy - January 7

I asked my doctor about the dull pain and all she said was that it was all normal. She really wasn't that much help, but she said that it is just things shifting around and the uterus growing bigger and pushing on everything. She said that it should get better with rest, but mine rarely does. The only thing she asked is if I was having any contractions with the ache. I guess you can start having Braxton Hicks false labour contractions as early as five months. I have not experienced any of that myself, but I do know someone who has. I am just going to go with it is all normal unless I start getting contractions, then I will call the doctor again. I too have a very sore tailbone, it also has started to crack when I move sometimes, it has never done that before. My doctor said that this too is normal and it is just that all of your joints are loosening up and moving around, so put up with it, stay off your back, and go for a prenatal ma__sage if possible. I am going to try to go for a ma__sage, even if it doesn't help, I think it will be nice! Good luck everyone.

teeniemoon - January 8

My friend is 13 weeks and is having lots of pelvic pain. Also, she can feel her uterus about 2 fingers below her belly b___ton. Does this seem really big? What do you make of it?

to teeniemoon - January 8

I am 13 weeks and have the exact same issues. I have the pelvic pain, especially after sitting for a long period of time. I also feel my uterus below my belly b___ton.... or at least I think it's my uterus. From what I have heard & read, I think we're normal, if not I'll find out Wed. when I go to the doctor. I know that when one feels the pain it's usually means everything is expanding & I know that the uterus has moved upwards just recently. Hope this helps!

jessi - January 9

I experience that kind of pain regularly as well. It started around 18 weeks or so for me and was getting pretty bad, so my husband decided it was time to get us a new memory foam mattress (bless him!) and it helped a lot. Now for the most part it won't hurt unless I set it off somehow (pushing in a drawer with my foot, walking for too long) and walking only makes it worse. This problem is more well-known in Europe with women of Norwegian decent but it does happen to the rest of us sometimes. You can Google search for more info on it, it's called SPD (Symphysis pubis dysfunction).

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion