Placenta Previa-pg112465806518

5 Replies
b - August 21

hi i am 12 weeks pregnant yesterday i went to the hospital b/c i was having heavy bleeding they told me that i had had placenta previa and they put me on bedrest. has anyone heard of having this this early in pregnancy?oh yeah,they said the baby was fine i could see it moving around on the ultrasound.

dani - August 22

Hi B, I have a complete previa as well. They diagnosed me with it when I was 16 weeks. We are both so early in our pregnancies that it's nothing to worry about right now. Most likely are placenta's will migrate up around 30 weeks. I have another ultrasound at 26 weeks to see if it's moved any. I haven't had any bleeding yet, but my dr wants me to be careful. Also if it doesn't move up any, we would need c sections.....hang in there, it should get easier for you.

b - August 22

thanks

dani - August 22

B, is your placenta direcly over your cervix? Is this your first pregnancy?

b - August 22

to dani-they said it was partially covering my cervix. this is my 5th pregnancy, i have one son and i had 3 misscarriages

Idaho - August 23

I also have placenta previa. I am 21wks along. I am scheduled to have an U/S at least once a mo at this time. My doctor also suggest to be careful and keep an eye out for anything that may come up. I havent had any bleeding. But she said that if it hasnt moved by my next u/s I may be put on "light duty" at work just in case. This is my first pregnancy, my mother had this issue with her third (my lil brother), ... and I also found out i'm having a boy, lol so keeping it light we blame it on tha men. *hugs* for you all, take care.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?