Prenatals -pg117372823649

13 Replies
Jokerzgirl - March 12

Has everyone been taking their prenatal vitamins? has anyone ever heard of people not taking them at all?

lily10 - March 12

I take my prenatal pretty faithfully but there have been times where I have skipped a few days here and there. I also take expecta which is supposed to help with eye and brain development, it contains DHA which is found in lots of fish and shellfish. I'm sure there are some woman who don't take them at all but I don't know of any of them. My friend took flinstones in place of her prenatal.

c_baer19 - March 12

I take mine every day, I guess I have heard of people not taking them, but I don't think it's a very good idea at all, it's not that difficult to take one pill daily and give your little one most of the nourishment it needs.

mommybabyboy21 - March 12

I know a few people who didn't take them...unless you eat super super super good...which today its almost impossible to do...you can actully harm yourself first off and then if you are really depleated in something even the baby. Most girls who didn't take them looked older, and had worst time recovering from delievery and they all had bad deliverys. I think not taking the pills contrubed to all those factors. I don't take the prenatnal that most women take because they made me sick but my Grandmother is a Nutritionlist...she worked up a vitamin regment for me that works. Plus I am lactos in tolernt so I take extra calcuim. And anytime I started to crave something or feel bad I would tell her she would tell me to increase one pill or decrease the dose of another and after two days I would feel fine...or I wouldn't have that wierd craving. I love it. But I must admit I hate HATE taking pills. But its for my baby.

kvilendrer - March 15

My husband's neice (who is 24) didn't take them at all. I sometimes forget to take mine. They do the most good in the early days of pregnancy, b/c that is when a lot of defects can happen. But I don't think it's a good idea not to take them at all.

suze42 - March 15

My GF had didnt take prenates b/c they made her sick...she had 4 healthy kiddos. I skipped a few in the first tri bc i was so constipated...but im pretty faithful otherwise. I love how they make my hair, skin and nails so healthy! So i do it as much for me as for baby!

idesign17 - March 15

I have been unable to take my vitamins. I'm now almost 27 weeks. I have had a terrible time with morning sickness and am still getting sick at least once a day. Everytime I take the vitamins, with food, or at night, I get sick. I've tried the Flintstone vitamins as well and I can't keep those down either. At my 20 week ultrasound the dr. said everything looked very good. I try to eat as many veggies as I can, I drink LOTS of milk (skim) and I found some all natural, no sugar added smoothies that I can drink. Hopefully that will help make up for not being able to take my vitamin.

Nerdy_Girl_10242006 - March 15

I take mine everyday, I have missed three days in the whole 15 weeks I was pregnant, well I didn't take them until the 5th week and the day I found out I was pregnant but you know what I mean lol...Some people don't take them and although I hate taking vitamins and medication I take them because I know they are good for me and the baby and I will do anything to make sure my baby is fine...and I know its not a medication but I was just saying, if that even makes sense lol

flipthea - March 15

I take my prenatals everyday but I've forgotten a couple of times.

aliciavr6 - March 15

I take Flintstones Complete instead of regular prenatals, I can't swallow them

JolieLucker - March 15

i dont take mine at all.. also due to how bad my morning sickness was... my Ob was the one who told me NOT to take them... but i do take something called FLORADIX its and iron+herb thing.. you take 2 tbls 2 times a day it's very well known among pregnant women in UK/Europe and also on the box says pregnant women should take it to reduce anemia.. and it doesnt taste bad.. so idesign you should maybe look into it... we seem to of had a similar pregnancy and this is very easy on my tummy, it doesnt make me sick at all it also has a lot of B vitamins in it.. google it and read about it.. you can find it at health food stores i get mine at Mother's.

Allisonc79 - March 15

I have been taking 1 1/2 Flinstones Complete too. I looked at the back and that fulfills pregnancy requirements except for extra calcium. I eat cereal with milk every morning, and also take calcium supplement. It's the only thing I seem to stomach. Even that makes me kinda queasy.

wailing - March 15

I take mine everynight before bed b/c they were bothering me alot in the beginning if I took them during the day. I'm sure if u can't take them for some reason ur Dr. can help u find a good way to make sure ur getting everything u need. There are alot of good suggestions on this board...but I would def take somthing unless u watch what u eat carefully

firstbaby2 - March 17

i dont' take any....my doctor told me not to take them due to me being extremely sick........i didn't know they were so important.......my mom didn't take them years ago and she had 4 healthy babies and easy labors.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion