Preterm Labor -pg119126461465

5 Replies
evae777 - October 1

i am about 24 weeks (according to doctor calculations), my calculations are 2 weeks behind. i am worried and reading stuff worries me more, what happened was on saturday i had a lot of tightening in my stomach, possibly from holding in urination because i was stuck at a busy restaurant, then sunday i almost fainted at church. i couldn't catch my breathe and got really dizzy and nauseous, but drank some water and was fine. my husband says that it is all normal and i shouldn't worry about every little thing. but then again...when i nearly fainted he was super calm and didn't even blink an eye! now what worries me is last night before I went to bed I had menstrual like cramps in my lower back. They were a little more than mild. I have called my doc but i he is on vacation so who knows when i will hear back from him. does anyone have any suggestions. I feel fine today and have had no bleeding or terrible pain.. just paranoid that something horrible and unexpected is going to happen.

sarah21 - October 1

You need to go with your instincts and get checked out by somebody. Even if they act like you're dumb, you need to make sure nothing is wrong. The cramping in the back is what bothers me. Everything else is fairly normal-- braxton hicks will start becoming stronger for some women as you get closer, and your blood pressure may fluctuate a bit, so that could account for the fainting. Although since you feel fine, it is probably nothing. Still, if you feel like something is wrong, get checked out.

evae777 - October 1

thanks sarah for responding. i just got off the phone with my doc and told him everything, he wants me to come in to get checked out for a urinary tract infection. i told him that i have had many of those in my life and i dont think that is what it is. he says to test it to be on the safe side (and thinks that that is why i have back cramps) and that the dizziness stuff is pretty normal. thing is... my doc is all the way in the suburbs and i am heading that way on wednesday anyways to get my glucose screening so i told them i would just have the urinary test done on that same day. i'm just sooo tired of worrying that i think if i make 2 trips to the hospital this week, i will make myself crazy. plus i see him for my regular checkup this coming Monday as well. i feel like i am being terrible for not having a sense of urgency since i feel fine... grrr.

sarah21 - October 1

Lol. Well if it is a UTI, it can put you into pre-term labor if left untreated, so it is definitely a good idea to get checked out. Keep us updated.

evae777 - October 1

thanks sarah, i guess i will go in today and just stop being a crybaby! i didn't realize that a UTI can be this serious??? no wonder my doc didn't sound concerned but was serious about me getting tested today.

Skyla - October 2

It's better to be safe than sorry. If you are ever not sure about something like this when it comes to bad cramping as BH are not suppose to hurt that much at this point I would for sure have it checked out. At the hospital they can put you on a fetal monitor which will tell them if you are having contractions or BH or if the baby is fine.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?