Sharp Pains-pg112905835118

14 Replies
Beth - October 11

I'm 25 weeks, and I've been getting cramps, like sharp pains around where the top of my uterus is, is this round ligament pain or should I go to my doc? really painful though

Emy - October 11

I have had these sharp pains (I am 21 weeks) but for me they are at the bottom of where the uterus would be. I think these are ligament pains. I have heard people describe them as stabbing pain. When you say really painful do you mean like annoying or do you mean you can't function? Listen to your instinct and see if your body tells you something is wrong. My bet, though, is that it is ligament pain.

Beth - October 11

Like annoying, but kept me up last night, almost couldn't breathe right, they seem to be worse after I eat, usually just painful, stabbing, but not doubled over in pain. First-time pregnancy, I don't know the whole pregnancy has been full of lots of surprising things that I wasn't expecting so I don't know what's normal and what's not. I also get really bad hip pain, does anyone else get that?

anon - October 11

Hi I get hip discomfort, the sharp pains like you wrote but only lasted a few seconds. I have heard they can be gas discomfort and nothing to worry about. Anyone else heard of this?

Beth - October 11

Really gas discomfort, sure doesn't feel like it, I don't know though. My hips don't hurt every day, but when they hurt I feel like I'm 85 and need a new set to make it past a staircase!

Emy - October 11

Gas...yeah, that actually makes sense. Beth, I know you might not think it is gas but I just had the stabbing pain again in the kitchen and realized I had to pa__s gas and minutes later I went to the bathroom. Sorry if TMI....but it could all be related. It is my 1st pregnancy too and there are so many new feelings to contend to! lol..

Kerri - October 12

I'm 23 weeks and I've been getting these sharp crampy pains on the sides of my abdomen. Sometimes they can be intense when I change positions suddenly, but only last for a few seconds. My Dr. told me these were ligament pains. I also get hip pain too, so bad that I have trouble sleeping at night. Just plain annoying. I hope this helps.

Michelle - October 12

Yes they are ligament pains. I am on my second pregnancy and them seem to be worse this time. I am 24 weeks and they are in my groin area. At times, they are so bad feels like someone is stabbing me in my groin area. Its normal and it really sucks!

Sheri - October 13

when i was laying down on my back i got this hard push in my stomach i mean i felt sumthing hard pushing my tummy...is that wrong? help

Beth - October 13

Sheri-how far along are you? they say after your first trimester your not supposed to lay on your back, but I do and it doesn't bother me, I like laying on my back flat on the ground because I can see see the baby moving around and kicking me....Maybe you were just getting a big kick, or some other sort of acrobatics...

Sheri - October 13

this is my first pregnancy i felt the flutters around 16 weeks i felt them but are there days when i dont feel them should i worry? help~~

Beth - October 13

I don't know if you should worry, if you allready are worried then go to the doc. Last night my whole belly felt like a huge knot I could barely stand up, it hurt like hell, I ate some mushroom soup, then I felt fine but I was seconds away from going to emerg.

syne - October 13

i feel flutters allover my tummy is that alright, usually i feel them all over~ and somtimes just a little is that to be concerned? or some times a whole day i dont feel them!

Beth - October 13

I have no idea, I never felt flutters, when I was 18 weeks I got a huge kick and it's been big and often since then I'm jealuos of these girls that could feel it at like 13 weeks, that's amazing!

kasey - October 13

need help? i feel some-thing moving like worms should i worry i feel them allover????

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion