Sore Hips -pg117107267520

8 Replies
squished - February 9

Hey! For the last week or so when I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning my hips are soooo sore. Is anybody else suffering from this and what can I do about it? I try and sleep on my sides as my back isn't comfortable. Thanks!

TinaSos - February 9

Not so much my hips but my lower back. I'm 19 weeks, and find it so hard to lie on my side. I find myself sleeping on my back and have to get back to my side. I try and stuff pillows around me but no luck. So sorry I'm not much help.

jessica72 - February 10

Squished, I have the same problem. It seems pretty common, but still no fun. My hips begin to get crazy achy about an hour after lying on whichever side, so I'm constantly turning over and that relieves the pain for the next hour. Now one thing that has worked okay for me (and by that I mean a few more hours of relief instead of one) is my boppy body pillow on one side and a flatter pillow nestled behind the small of my back. So it's like you're lying on your back at an angle w/o putting all the pressure on the sciatic nerve. (google this..there's lots of info out there) Good luck and luckily it's only during pregnancy. :)

squished - February 10

Thanks for the suggestions jessica, I'm going to try that tonight b/c I just can't stand flipping over all of the time. I do get paranoid always sleeping on my left side b/c I have a split uterus and the baby is in the left side, so I hope that I'm not squishing anything :)

big belly - February 12

Im 25 weeks and my hips r so sore i can hardly sleep sometimes. I wake up in so much pain and try to lay on the other side and in a few minutes that one is sore too. Its really sharp and it makes me want to scream. Putting a pillow between my thighs helps relieve some pressure but it still hurts.

idesign17 - February 12

Hi there. I'm 22 weeks and have had terrible hip pain after I've been sitting, or when I get up in the middle of the night. It is so bad I almost have to crawl to the bathroom. I found a chiropractor that has prenatal experience. He adjusts my hips and I';ve been much more comfortable!

misschrissie - February 12

I've been going to the chiropractor since about week 17 (I'm 27 now) with super sore hips and lower back. I haven't had any more problems at all. You should give it a try. My chiropractor doesn't crack me, he uses an "activator method". I've been about 4 or 5 times.

mama2boys - February 13

My hips ache badly at night, too. Have found no solutions except whining a lot. Also, I've had this awful ache in the front of my pelvis, which I never had with my first two pregnancies. It's mostly after I've been sitting down. What a weird place to ache. Anyone else have pain there?

squished - February 14

I have that ache too. Right at the top of my pubic bone. Especially if I've had a busy day it hurts! I guess it's the weight of the uterus and baby? I don't know. I go to the doc tomorrow and I'll ask her about it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion