Swelling-pg111816135118

4 Replies
C - June 7

Has anyone else been swelling a lot. When I am at work I seem to retain so much fluid. My fingers swell so bad i have to take my rings off, and my ankles swell too. i sit at work all day with walking to get things, but if this is going to do this everyday it's going to stink!!! i am 25 weeks

Lynn - June 7

You need to call your doctors office & let them know (if they don;t already) Swelling like that is normal, but it can also be a sign of pre-eclampsia that you should get checked out.

Lynn F - June 8

I'm in my 27th week and going through a little bit of a heat wave in NJ. By the end of the day my ankles are very swollen. My hands are not as bad but as far as what I can tell and what my doctor tells me everything is okay. It sometimes is just a combination of fluid retention and hot weather. If you can put something under your desk to elevate your feet a little it will help. The more I try to stay off them the better it is also. Now this may sound crazy but it feels great....try a foot spa with cold water and epsom salt. Just watch your blood pressure and if there's any swelling around your face.

Staci - June 8

my ankles, mostly the right one, are swelling some days.... I called the dr and they said if it is not accompanied with high blood pressure its probably water retention, so put your feet up and drink a lot so your body flushes the fluid, and keep and eye on the BP. my foot looks so ugly. :(

Sarah - June 9

I am 14wks, and sometimes my hands get kinda of swollen when I type or play the piano.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?