Thirst -pg113913008318

4 Replies
^lucy^ - February 5

Hi all,, im 24 weeks 5 days pregnant today and since i woke up it seems that i cant get enough of water and im so very thirsty!! i never felt like that before, any of u ladies having this constant thirst feeling? is it a normal symptom of pregnancy? thanks for your help :)

sue - February 5

Yes! I am 27 weeks with my first and last week I drank so much I thought I was going to float away. 6 gallons in 3 days! I went to the Dr and gained 10 pounds and was freaking out. The Dr said my body was making more blood and keep drinking - the more the better. I have never drank so much fluid in my life but I think of it like this: at least this weight is fluid and not FAT! The thirst went away after a few days but I was scared too. I thought maybe my body was freaking out or my kidneys were messed up but I am just preggo! Also, I was surprised at how much I was drinking but not peeing as much as I should have. I should have been on the toilet all day but no. Your body needs it I guess.

^lucy^ - February 5

thanks sue :) what u said really made sense to me and its great to know that u asked ur doctor about it and he said it was fine.. i guess as u said we're just preggo hehe.. a relief since i wont be seeing my Dr until next Saturday

TM - February 6

I wake up every morning about to thirst to death! I guess our blood volume increases so much while we are pregnant, maybe that is natures way to keep from getting dehydrated. I mean it takes more fluid than usual to build up and keep that blood volume in our bodies.

^lucy^ - February 6

thanks TM,, my only problem is that i dont like water that much,, i prefer juice and those stuff.. but when i think about my baby i feel that driking a cup of juice everytime instead of water isnt that healthy for her so i have to force myself to drink water which annoys me especially the frequent visits to the toilet during work (ugh!!) :p

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?