Urine Sample-pg116940343483

6 Replies
SB - January 21

I am almost 4 months pregnant and the doctor told me that from now on he will need a urine sample just before the visit..do you know why is that supposed to be done?

krnj - January 21

I think it's to test for sugars & other proteins in your urine but I'm not 100% sure either.

Tammy276 - January 21

They check for sugar in your urine (which can be a sign of gestational diabetes) and they will check for protein in your urine (which could indicate pre-eclampsia). I think they also check to see if you have a uti or not. THey will do this at every visit from now on..my doctor did it every visit from my very first visit. some doctors have you pee at home and bring it in, but most now days have you pee right when you get to the office.

Tracy88 - January 21

They check it for sugars and proteins like krnj said, plus it lets them know if you are experiencing a UTI. Many women get UTI's and don't realize they have one until they are in pain, so screening the urine helps with all that. I have had my urine checked since the beginning. Every time I go to the doctor I know I will be peeing in a cup!

DownbutnotOUT - January 22

I actually have to test my own urine at the maternity clinic I go to and I test for sugar and protein it is very important to make sure that there nice and in the normal range.

SaraH - January 22

As said, they check the urin for sugars and proteins to help make sure you're not developing pre-eclampsia or gestational diabetes. My OB's office have always take a urin sample, even during the 1st trimester.

lily10 - January 22

I test my own urine at my appointments. They are checking for sugars and protein in your urine.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion