When Does The Third Trimester Begin -pg11689027448

10 Replies
Tracy88 - January 15

Just curious as to what week is considered the beginning of the third trimester?

Kristin11 - January 15

i believe it is the 27th week.

jessica72 - January 15

Tracy I've heard it begins the 28th week.

excited2bemama - January 15

i heard the 28th too

Tracy88 - January 15

Thanks ladies.....that means I have at least 6 weeks to go! Seems like forever.

SaraH - January 15

Some things say the 27th week some say the 28th...From what I've seen the most it appears more common to count the beginning of the 28th week (so once you're through the end of the 27th) as the start of the 3rd tri. But I think it just depends on who you ask.

Marie6549 - January 16

When you click on stages of pregnancy in the list to the left, it says 1st trimester is 0-12wks, 2nd trimester is 13-28wks therefore 3rd trimester is 29+wks

Kristin11 - January 16

I woukd think the 27th week. The endof it. For instance i turned 27weeks yesterday. So today i am 27 weeks and 1 day so i am workign on my 28th week and i am exactly to the day 3 mths short of being full term (i am due April 16th). So i guess yesterday or today would be my official start date for 3rd trimester/

maknyle - January 16

27th week, Tracy. We're getting there!

jessica72 - January 16

Does seem like a long way off, doesn't it? But just think Christmas was about three weeks ago...so it is flying fast even though it doesn't seem that way. Can't wait till we're posting on a third trimester board!!

hollygolightly - January 16

In "What to Expect When You're Expecting", it has the third trimester listed as weeks 24-40. In other books it says weeks 28-40. It seems that with pregnancy you never get any consistent answers.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion