How Much Should I Save -pg112859677418

3 Replies
Vicky! - October 6

how much would you say i would have to save to buy all my babys essentials for example cot, pram, clothes etc and how much should i keep in the bank to use when the babys born? your recomendations please :) xxxx

js - October 6

a couple of thousand would do it... That would last the first 6 months anyway...

Steph - October 6

No, you won't need a couple of thousand for the first six months. You can buy baby clothes while you are pregnant, and buy things from discount stores...if you are planning on b___stfeeding, that will save you a lot of money in formula. You need to buy a brand new carseat, don't buy those used and they run about $60-75. You can also buy in advance, like every paycheck, a pack of diapers, baby wipes, baby shampoo, and all the small necessities. (Obviously buy diapers in newborn sizes all the way up to size 2). When you spread out your purchases over the time that you are pregnant, then you won't have such a hit in the wallet when your baby is born.

Rachel.R - October 10

Well im 26 weeks. and I know that i have spent.. $800 on a pram, a carseat a baby wardrobe and a basinet cover.. i have spent hundreds and hundreds more on clothes, cloth nappies, towels, nappy liners, gosh.. the list goes on and on and on.... you cant really plan how much money you have to save.. gosh. the day i found out i was pregnant.. i had 63cents in the bank.. lol.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion