Am I Pregnant-pg114172141318

2 Replies
mandy2009uk - March 7

Please help me, my last period was on 4th December 2005 I went to see my doctor after I was 4 weeks late and had missed my period and he done a pregnancy test and it was negative I was feeling sick and had pains in my lower left abdomen and all he said was to come back when my period starts for a blood test to find out why I was feeling sick and had pain. I went to see another doctor on 17 Febuary 2006 as I still had not started my period and he sent off a urine sample to see if I had a urine infection and said I may have a cyst on my ovary and sent me for a ultrasound, a few days later he called me to say I have a urine infection and gave me some antibiotics, I went to the ultrasound I had drunk about 2 pints of liquid beforehand but they said my bladder wasnt full enough to see anything and said they would put in the report that every thing was fine, I went back to the doctors the next day to tell the doctor that they said I hadnt drunk enough and that she said she would put that every thing is fine even though I was in and out of there within 5 mins hoping he would send me for another one so I could drink more so they might be able to tell whats wrong with me but he just said I will have to come back to see him in a weeks time for the results of the ultrasound. Would the sonograpgher know if I was pregnant if I had a empty bladder on the ultrasound? Has anyone else missed 3 periods and had negative pregnancy tests and lower abdomen pain? I am going back to my doctors tommorrow.

AshleyPros - March 7

Hi mandy, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, and I have many cysts on my ovaries, I had to drink a lot of fluids for my ultrasound, and I didn't drink enough, but they could still see very small cysts, I have missed my period for 6 months in a row before with all negative pregnancy tests, and I found out later it was because of this condition. If he said you have infection in your urine, then thats probably the problem with the pain in your abdomen, but I would have them do blood tests to measure your hormone levels, they can also see about cysts on your ovaries with blood tests, thats how they found out about mine to begin with, and you don't have to have a regular period for this to show up in blood tests. good luck hun, keep us posted.

mandy2009uk - March 7

Thanks Ashley, I took the antibiotics and have still got the pain in my lower abdomen I will have to see what the dr says tommorrow. thanks

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?