Am I Pregnant -pg117086539629

27 Replies
erical - February 7

Hi ladies, I am so glad I found this website. It has been very helpful. Okay, here's my situation I am two weeks late today for af (last af on Dec. 24), and I am usually very regular around 1 or 2 days. For the past week and a half, I have been having cramping like very light af cramps. I have also been bloated and a little bit nauseated. I took a hpt at 5, 9 and 12 days late, all bnf. Yesterday, I had a quan. blood test and I was at a one. So I guess I take another blood test in a couple of weeks if af doesn't come. I was telling the nurse that took my blood for the test my concerns with a neg blood test and she said that her husband delivered a premie of a woman last week that did not know she was preg. b/c all of her blood and hpt were bfn. Anyone have any insight? Thanks

Grandpa Viv - February 7

A quant_tative <2 at 2 weeks late gives very little hope for pregnancy. True, there has been a post or two about negatives for the entire pregnancy, but they are few and far between. They may also have been qual, not quan. If you miss another preiod you might ask the doc about the possibility of a cyst causing this. Good luck!

erical - February 7

Thanks, the thing is that I just had my annual pap and pelvic exam Jan. 2, everything came back normal, so I don't know if a cyst would be possible.

erical - February 7

Here are a few more symptoms that I forgot to mention, I have been very weepy and cranky, burping alot ( I don't know if that is a symptom or not), dizziness/lightheadedness, and more frequent trips to the bathroom.

Grandpa Viv - February 7

All the signs you mention are indicative of pregnancy, but signs can also be caused by the hormones put out by a cyst. It is conceivable that this is one month that you ovulated late and this is why your tests are neg so far. Did you have unprotected about when you were expecting your Jan period? That would give signs starting about Jan 27 and a test next Saturday first am pee would tell the story. Good luck!

krissy2006 - February 8

It could be that you ovulated late or it could be that you didn't ovulate at all. All women have 1 or 2 annovulatory cycles in their lives due to stress or eating habit changes or any small changes you wouldn't normally notice. If your period doesn't come by the next time it is due you should see a doc. AND it is conceivable that you could have a cyst because all eggs as they mature are called "cysts". Some eggs mature and never shrink back to their normal size and continue to grow. These are very normal cysts and are not anything to worry about. Usually they will dissolve on their own. Some women have to have them removed surgically which I have heard is painless. Most women have 1 or 2 cysts in their lifetime as well and you would never know. Most women who are not very familiar with the terminology correlate cysts with cancer and it HAS NOTHING to do with anything like that. Follicular cysts are very normal and common and could very well be the cause of your late period. Let us know what happens.

erical - February 8

I don't keep track of my ovulation each month, I just know when to expect my period. I haven't been taking any birth control since the end of Aug. My DH and I had s_x throughout Jan. I guess I'll wait until late Feb. and if af doesn't come I'll go back to the obgyn,because I know my body and something is going on, just not sure what.

erical - February 8

Anyone else having the same issues?

erical - February 9

So af came (15 days late) but alot different than usual. I usually get bad cramps and I have a heavy flowand sore bbs, but now I have little or no cramps, fairly light flow and no soreness in my bbs. Anyone have any advice/suggestions?

mommyof3stepmommyof2 - February 9

i would just take a test and see what you get. and if you are still concerned with it call your doctor maybe he can shine some light on the subject

erical - February 9

Thanks, I'll try that, mabey I'll wait a few more days, I'm just kind of nervous of seeing another bfn.

LIN - February 9

What advice is it that you're after? Pardon the bluntness, but it sounds like you need to accept that you're not pregnant and move on. You obviously just ovulated late, which happens to everyone at some point or other. Maybe this month you should try getting some opks to get a better idea of when you're ovulating. You can buy them in bulk for very little money online (esp. Ebay), and if you happen to be in the States, they're $1 each at the Dollar Tree. Better luck next month!

erical - February 9

I have heard and read online of many people who still have something like an af while they are pregnant. I was simply just wondering since I am not having my normal af symptoms and am having some pregnancy symptoms that mabey this was happening in my case and mabey that someone else had the same thing happen to them. Because I imagine that if I ovulated late that I still would have my normal af symptoms.

Grandpa Viv - February 9

You are hoping that you ovulated late, got pregnant, and now have had an in-pregnancy bleed. Could be! Time for another pee test or two. Good luck!

crackersforme - February 9

erical....I went through pretty much the same thing, except I haven't been to a doctor. I tested faintly positive on a hpt, though. Was 6 days late for af -- tons of pregnancy symptoms...then started bleeding extremely lightly..only mainly into the toilet, very minimal on my pad...started out pretty much black yesterday, but today it's redder. I won't be able to go to a doctor until later on this month (hopefully), but I'm going to re-test here in a few days once I stop bleeding/spotting..whichever I'm doing (I don't know what to consider it since it's not an actual flow, but it's more than spotting). I'm just hopeing right now I didn't have an early miscarriage. There have been many people that don't test positive until a few weeks after their af was due, so if the symptoms are hanging around -- it's in your favor. There's always an exception to everything & there's no way every pregnancy is text-book. Good Luck!!

erical - February 9

Thanks, for your encourgement. I am the same with the bleeding (mostly in the toilet, not much on my pad). I just know that it is different than every other month, and that I have never had these symptoms with my af. Glad to know I am not the only one.

erical - February 16

Okay, so I don't know what is going on, the light bleeding/spotting lasted 4 days (and for most of the days, it was brownish, sorry tmi) and my af usually last 7 days. Now I am having lower back pain mainly on the left side and light cramping on and off on both sides along with heartburn, dizziness/lightheadedness, and a little nausea on and off, stuffy nose and my areolas are getting bigger.Can a cyst cause this, or am I pregnant, anyone have any ideas?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?