Blood Test-pg121863745437

5 Replies
jave5672 - August 13

I'm new on this forum, but as reading your posts here I see that I have gotten good information. My question is when is it good to get a blood test to prove your PG? My symptoms include my nipples being sore and protruding, and a bit of cramping like AF. I am not sure of my O date, kinda think it was 11 days ago because of signs of it, I have very irregular periods. We weren't trying though my DH is elated...

POOF - August 13

if you only ovulated 11 days ago then your symptoms are more likely to be af getting ready to start...although some women do have af like cramps during the first few weeks. if you ovulated 11 days ago then a quant_tative blood test would be accurate.

jave5672 - August 13

Actually I went to my doctor monday for my thyroid and he was the one to suggest I may be pregnant since I told him I had been feeling under the weather, tired and so forth. He did a blood test then and now he wants me to go to my pcp doctor friday to talk to him. I am unsure of my "O" date because my menses is very irregular, I am hoping that that date is correct.... I guess I will find out Friday, I noticed that one of the ladies on here had said her nipples were very sore, which is something I haven't had unless I was pregnant...I have one dd. I also have been very bound this last week and everyday I take a nap, and usually I am a busy person. Thanks for your comment.

Teddyfinch - August 14

if your thyroid is overactive (hypothyroid) then that can make you feel icky, tired, pretty much all pregnancy symptoms. and it can affect your cycle and even ovulation. i would say take a urine test because a doctor will ask you if you have taken one if you ask for a blood test. good luck! i was hypothyroid and got that under control and ended up having to use clomid, but 3 cycles of it later and now i'm 26 weeks.

jave5672 - August 14

I see what you mean, my thyroid is underactive. My endocrinologist ordered the usual with blood testing, I asked him to take the PG test just in case. I hope so, what really bothers me is that it is in limbo between the two doctors and my pcp has not been in the last couple of days. You're right I should do a urine test Friday morning...

jave5672 - August 14

P.S> Good luck with you too!-AND thank you for your comment.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?