Cervical Position-pg121423833948

7 Replies
mommyofdkt - June 23

Any of you gals waiting to test, and feel like you are pregnant, have a high soft cervix? I was kinda wanting to take a poll since its "supposedly" not an accurate determining factor of pregnancy........any input??

lillybug - June 23

Hey Mommyofdkt. Usually the cervix will stay low and firm until after you missed your period. because of this that is why they say Cervical Position is not an accurate indicator of pregnancy. Every woman is different and so is the cervix. for two cycles I thought I was pregnant because I had high and soft cervix but then like over night it dropped low and AF came. After I ovulate I only try and check my cervix for a few days because I don't want to be mis-guided again.

sbea - June 23

what is high?and what is low? How do you ck this?

mommyofdkt - June 23

hey lilly....i believe you are right to an extent however during pregnancy, and its different for every woman, the time that the cervix is high and soft because of pregnancy can occur even before a missed period. Again I reiterate that its not like this for every woman, and of course a woman would not know when her cervix became high and soft if its a first pregnancy and/or she does not check cervical position. I just think it is an interesting concept in regards to pregnancy or not......thanks for your input!!

mommyofdkt - June 23

sbea, you have to insert a clean finger into your v____a and feel for your cervix. Usually when it is high you can barely feel it with the tip of your middle finger.

lillybug - June 23

The stats state that only 25% of women will have a HIgh soft cervix before Af is due. The rest will experience this later on in the pregnancy. I had six friend pregnant at once and five of them didn't have a high soft cervix until about 6-7 weeks pregnant. Only one experience the High soft cervix before her Af was due. And yes it can occur but not always when it happens does it indicate pregnancy.

lillybug - June 23

Oh and your welcome! Are you pregnant now?

mommyofdkt - June 23

Havent tested positive yet. When pg with my son, cervical position changed right away, before a missed period, and since I am on cd29, I have a feeling that that may be my biggest indicator, besides being late of course.....need to go stock up on more hpt's!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?