Cervical Position -pg115263942518

19 Replies
Tinker_eyes - July 11

I noticed someone else asked this question, about how to check for cervical position. So I decided to try, because I too was wondering about it. I could only reach half of my finger in and I came to a bubble like thing, but that was only on one side, and it felt like it reaches further up, but I couldn't fit my finger in. Sorry for all the graphic details, but does anyone know what this could mean or be? Thanks for any answers, I would try to find it on Google, but I feel better asking women who have experience in this. Thanks. :) Tink

Emma2 - July 11

When your cervix is low as your described yours as , it means your "non fertile" . High and soft (usually the entire middle finger fits inside) means fertile time. When your about to ovulate it will rise way up and feel soft to the touch and when AF is coming it will drop and get hard.

Tinker_eyes - July 11

Thanks for the answer. I suppose that means that my AF is on the way and that all the pregnancy signs I am having are from PMS. I guess PMS for 30 days isn't so bad .. :P

Emma2 - July 11

Well it depends dear...In early pregnancy cervical position is not recommended as a guide siumply because its irratic. What cd are you on?

Tinker_eyes - July 11

I am on CD73, but I had some spotting for 2 days at the end of May and if I count that as a period then I am on CD43. My cycle is normally 38-40 days, well it has been for the last 6 months anyways. Before then it was very irregular. :)

Emma2 - July 11

omg! Have you tested? Have you seen your obgyn? Tell me!!! lol

kaylas mom - July 11

okay ema.. go over that with me one more time. i am 8 days late and i will do anything right now.

Tinker_eyes - July 11

I haven't tested yet, I am fearful of that negative. I am pretty sure that I am not pregnant, and my body did this to me all the time in the past. I went 3 months with no AF last year and my Dr. suggested it was nothing. I dont' have a regular DR now. I am giving it another 4-5 days, and if I dont' start flowing then I will test. I am sure that as soon as I test and the negative comes up I will flow. Sorry to be such a depressing downer, it's just really getting to me. I'm beginning to think that I don't ovulate, but I do have terrible PMS and I read that if you don't ovulate you won't have PMS.

Emma2 - July 11

kaylas mom, when your in your "fertile time" your cervix will rise real high and become extremely soft to the touch. When your "non fertile" it basically stays low and firm. Tinker_eyes, I think you should test now. Do please get an obgyn ASAP. You having such irregular cycles can be due to a number of things. I pray you are indeed pregnant. Let me know how it goes.

Tinker_eyes - July 11

Emma, Thank you so much for being so informative and supportive. :) I will take a test soon and let everyone know what it says. Thanks again.

Tinker_eyes - July 11

Okay, I know I sound crazy. I wanted to check my cervix position again, now that I know how. :) It is not really high and it is very soft, but if that means that I am fertile or close to ovulation then I am very confused. How could it be possible that I am ovulating or fertile, but haven't had a period in so long? Can anyone please help me to understand my cycle more?

Tinker_eyes - July 11

I meant to say it is NOW really high and soft, but earlier today it was low and not so soft.

bethtwo - July 11

i'm wondering this too. mine is higher today, i've found out that if you bear down like you're going to have a BM that you can push it down further to feel it more. mine feels like it's open, but i'm not sure what that means or if it's always that way or what! i usually feel it by squatting down in the shower, it's easier that way. any info. would be great!

moni76 - July 12

I find this cervix checking very frustrating. Mine was high around ovulation (but I could stillfeel it), then very low and firm and now I can't even find it! I'm about 9 dpo and hoping to be pregnant. My temperature increased so I am quite certain that I ovulated...why would my cervix be so high? Thanks!

Emma2 - July 12

I did explain why it is high. When your fertile it satys high until AF arrives....but you can still find it.

Tinker_eyes - July 12

Yeah I was just wondering how is it possible that I am fertile, but haven't had any AF in 73 days? Sorry for asking so many questions, I did some research on it, but I am just confused because how can I be fertile right now, it's like I skipped the menstruation and went right into ovulating.

moni76 - July 12

I did some research last night and found out that sometimes the cervix will be high in early pregnancy. According to the book 'Taking Charge of your Fertility" the cervix becomes low and hard (like the tip of your nose) after ovulation.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?