Cm -pg117287283745

10 Replies
angie m - March 2

I am just wondering how your cm is supposed to look like when you are fertile. I think it is supposed to be egg white like and stretchy. I am supposed to O on the 6th but my cm is already like that. Is it like that for a few days before and after you O or just the day that you do? Someone please explain it to me.

krissy2006 - March 2

Depending on the amount of estrogen in your body (estrogen is the source of CM) depends on how many days of ewcm you get... the more estrogen the more ewcm. I had ewcm (eggwhite cervical mucous) for 8 days last month which started the day after my period stopped.... yes it is clear or opaque and stretchy like egg whites... BD like crazy girl! just in case, O is comin!!

angie m - March 2

Thank you krissy2006. I will take your advice and bd like crazy, LOL. Should I continue to do that ,bd, until my cm is no longer egg white like? I want to make sure to catch O.

sososleepy - March 2

Hi angie m. Grab a glob between your finger and thumb, rub gently to get it stuck to both, then separate your finger and thumb several times. If it's ewcm, it will stretch nice and long, over and over again. If it's s____n, it will stretch a few times, probably in more strands, then stop stretching. Bd like crazy the whole time you have ewcm. If it stretches some, but not a lot, you're probably approaching ewcm, and what the heck - get those swimmers in and ready anyway. If you bbt, you can ease up on the bd a day or so after your temp goes up, and jot down what days you have which cm so that if it doesn't work this month, you can use the info from this month to pinpoint your most likely days next time around. Good luck! Oh, and $tree sells opk's which measure your LH surge, which happens 12 hours to 3 days (depending on what you read and who you are) before you O. There are also more expensive ones out there...

angie m - March 2

sososleep thank you for all of your very helpfully info. I think that I will start to keep track of what my cm is like everyday so I can get a better idea of the differences in it depending on where I am in my cycle. This is my first month ttc and I want to hold off on using anything like the opk's or keeping track of my bbt for a few months. Again thank you for your help.

Martha31 - March 2

Ladies I have a question regarding O... I had this egg white like stretchy m,,, couple of days after my period for around 3 days...then it stopped. I bedded ust in case...then it never showed up again ....however Ia m wondering because this was not the time I was supposed to ovulate according to my manual calendar...you know 14 days etc ...and I am very regular (28 days) so I thought it would be on the 14th day...I bedded for 5 more nights just in case....now I took a break and I'm waitng to test on March 8.... what do you think?

Martha31 - March 2

by the way now I have quite a bit stretchy white m....and somehow sore bb...but I guess this may be PMS...right?....

krissy2006 - March 3

Just because you have ewcm does not mean that you WILL ovulate. EWCM is produced as I said by estrogen of which most women have a grand supply of. During her fertile window she will have more estrogen surging through her system. This surge will cause ewcm, however this does not mean you WILL ovulate nor can it predict WHEN you will ovulate. That is why charting your bbt is necessary. Martha, if you had ewcm 3 days after your period, and then bd'd 5 days after that you probably did not hit your O day. HOWEVER, a very high % of pregnancies are thanks the intercourse occuring the 5 days before ovulation and not necessarily intercourse occuring the day of. So there were probably still some swimmers in there just waiting for the egg to show up. Hope this helps!!!

krissy2006 - March 3

Do you chart Martha??? Creamy cm (white lotion textured cm) usually comes after O, and an abnormally large amount for you would be a good sign of pregnancy. I HOWEVER, for example, get a very large amount of lotiony cm every cycle just before AF. So it wouldn't be a good sign for me. If you rarely get it and now you have a ton, thats gr8!!! Sore BBs are great too, but that can be PMS as you said. Chin up, Pee sticks ready and GOOD LUCK!!!! Keep the B*TCH AWAY!!! Oh and come visit us on the "Here's to March BFP's & No BFNs!! *****!!!Part2!!!**** " thread. We've lost a few girls due to divorce, miscarriage and we are in need of some newbies!!! Newbie friends, that is!!! The ladies there are great!!! Come join us!

angie m - March 3

I think that i am now more confused then I was to begin with about the whole cm stuff. So your cm doesn't necessarily tell you anything about whether you are Oing or not? So how do you take your bbt? Maybe I should try to keep track of that . I didn't really want to try to figure it out because it seems kinda confusing but if it will help me to know when I O then I guess it is worth trying. So if one of you nice ladies who reads this can explain the whole bbt thing to me I would be very very grateful THANK YOU.

krissy2006 - March 3

BBT is done like this: you buy a special basal body thermometer (walgreens, walmart or any pharmacy for about $15) then every morning at the beginning of your next cycle you take your temperature at a set time every morning. You MUST take it at the exact time every morning and BEFORE you do ANYTHING! Including going to the bathroom, or even getting out of bed or talking. You then record those temperatures on a chart such as they provide for free at fertilityfriend.com (just sign up and it will give you a free course on charting) FF will than let you know when you ovulate. The first month you will still definitely need to check your CM and possibly use OPKs because fertilityfriend doesn't know when you ovulate and is looking for your fertile window. So you won't actually know you ovulated (the first month) until afterward. Then the second month fertilityfriend will give you your fertile window (when you are most likely to ovulate) and then you can time s_x from that. I hope this doesn't confuse you. In reality it is very simple. Everyone on the "Here's to March BFP's & No BFNs!! *****!!!Part2!!!**** " thread temps and charts so if you have anymore questions, come there and someone will be sure to answer your questions!!! GL!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?