Cramping Pg1239637950

176 Replies
whynotme - April 13

I am trying for baby #2 and have done 5 IUI's already. My af is due Tuesday and I am having cramping like it's coming. I remember with my 1st child I had these same cramps so just wondering how many other people had cramping and found out they were pregnant?

kari_4 - April 13

I cramped with mine very early on, within a few days past ovulation I cramped like af was coming. Right now I'm going through that. I o'd last Thurs. (according to my temps and charting) and have cramped every day up to last night where it was pretty painful and not like the usual af cramps it was right in the center not on the sides. Today nothing much going on, seems like it's stopped but my temp took a nose dive down?? I'm confused LOL not due for af until the 24th. no other symptoms but cramping and really low back pain off and on almost in my tail bone it seems. so wierd. Good luck!!! I hope our cramping means good news!!!

kari_4 - April 13

Also....are you more tired than usual? I have been dragging since last Friday and this morning it seems like I am coming down with allergies or a cold or something but hubby and son are sick so maybe I just have what they have. Well cheers to the 2ww!

whynotme - April 13

I have been cramping off and on since 5 days post IUI so definitely something has been atleast trying to happen! They haven't been so bad that I even have to take anything for the pain. But as of today they are off and on and at times pretty intense. I am due on Wed. so I guess I know soon enough. Oh, and I haven't been really anymore tired then usual and no other symptoms except for the cramping. Good luck to you too!

kari_4 - April 13

Thanks!!! You too!!!! According to my ff chart test day will be on the 28th. (2 days after expected af) if I can wait that long ;) Keep us posted if ya can!

SallyRue - April 13

Hi Whynotme and kari, I usually have ovulation pains with every other cycle, which ends at that, just ovulation pain ( on either side ) different from af pains, but with all my pregnancys i've had AF kinda cramps &lower back pain a few days after ovulation, as early as 2 days after, it felt as if AF was just around the cornor only it was way too early..not trying to put your hopes up but it could be a good sign. You know your body more than anyone else, and if you never get those pains after ovulation then maybe it means something (for some women its complelty normal) Good Luck

Indira - April 13

Hi All. My AF would be due tomorrow as well. Have been cramping since the Sat. before last. A little unusual for me because that's quite a bit in advance for me to be. Breast really sore as well since then, tired and sleepy earlier in day... Yes, from what I've read cramping can happen in pregnancy. My mother even bled throught entire pregnancy with me! So definitely it's easy to be confused as to which is causing the cramping: AF or pregnancy. I, along with you, will be waiting to see what happens this week. Good luck to you!

whynotme - April 14

Well yesterday af didn't come. I was having terrible cramping all day until right before bed and nothing. This morning I woke up with no sign of it. I'm totally confused. Af is due tomorrow so I guess until it comes I still have a chance! Indira did af come for you?

Indira - April 14

Whynotme, Mine came yesterday, sad to say. :o( But just keep waiting. Let me know what happens!

whynotme - April 14

So sorry to hear! Atleast the waiting game is over and now you can move onto the next cycle:) I know that's not what you want to hear but I almost wish mine would either come or not. The cramps are back off and on now which is crazy because usually I get bad cramps followed directly by af. Guess my waiting game will be over tomorrow.

Kre87 - April 14

Yay! i have been waiting to join a thread and i am hoping you guys will be back on here, i cramped for two weeks before my period was due with my son, and i tested once and got a dark purple line, my second pregnancy i did not cramp, and it ended at 7 weeks and now we tried to get pregnant last month i am due to start af tomorrow and this whole past week i have been cramping so bad with lower back pain, one day it was so bad i was off my feet and i was positive my af would follw, but i got my positive test, faint but purple and showed up within the minute, but im worried bc it isnt dark and my 2nd pregnany the lines stayed faint, and well im just hoping that the cramping mean good implantation, it did with my first. so good luck to you girls too, i have a drs. appt on the 28th to get my blood test, and hopefully your cramping means the same!!! Kristen

whynotme - April 14

Thanks for your story. I have a little hope now. I don't remember how bad my cramps were when I got my positive with my daughter, but I'm definitely sure that they were like this. I have an IUI exactly 13 days ago and by 5 days post IUI I had cramping. It wasn't very painful or anything. All day yesterday and for most of the day today I have had pretty significant cramping. You know the kind where you just know the next time you use the restroom you are gonna see it?? But it still isn't here. I mean I really feel like it's coming any minute. Is that how you felt. How bad from a scale of 1-10 were your cramps with your son?

whynotme - April 14

Last post should have said HAD an IUI not HAVE. LOL!

Kre87 - April 14

my cramps with my son at the start were on and off then probably a week before my period was due they were so bad it was like you said you go to the bathroom and expect to see your af, so pain wise they were probably an 8 or 9. i am still cramping now, my period is due tomorrow, even though i got a positive test i am still waiting to miss my period so i feel more secure, when did you say you were due for your af? and im sorry to ask i feel out of the loop but what does IUI stand for?

whynotme - April 14

I am do to get af tomorrow. An IUI is intra-uterine insemination. It's where they take my husbands sperm, wash it and insert it directly into my uterus. This is how we conceived my daughter and it took 4 IUI's with her. This one was my 5th and I'm starting to worry that it won't happen. I took a combination of clomid and gonal-f this cycle and had 2 follicles this round. I am just praying that maybe the cramping is from 2 eggs implanting. I just hope to be pregnant with one! I would say on a scale of 1-10 right now my cramps are maybe a 5. I haven't had to take tylenol for it so it must be not that bad. Well, I will know tomorrow hopefully. I can't take a pregnancy test until Saturday because of the meds. I took this cycle.

Kre87 - April 14

C___p! i forgot i was thinking why hasnt she tested yet, lol i thought that is was an IUI was but i was confusing it with IVF i think anyways, my cramps now are about a 3 but just the fact that im cramping makes me feel better bc i do not cramp b4 af unless it is ready to be here, i really hope your cramping is an egg implanting, you have to say you have pretty good odds! i mean the sperm was pretty much fedexd to your egg;) lol it doesnt get much easier for them to get the job done :P saturday is so far away, atleast if you do not start tomorrow you can sigh a little bit of relief even without a + test

kari_4 - April 15

...fedexd to ur egg...that was a cute way to put it :) very true! and I hope that it worked for you!!! So I am now 6 dpo and cramped yesterday but only after I'd walked around quite a bit. I think I feel my bb's sore but ugh I don't wanna a___lyze every little thing either. ya know? So for me it's waaayyyy to early to test I suppose. I use ff and did a chart comparison and most people tested about 10-12 dpo so I need to wait. I think I have an implantation dip but could it have been a second ovulation dip? Do any of you use ff too?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?