Ectopic Pregnancy-pg110902718218

5 Replies
KIM - February 21

Hi. I am about 8 weeks pregnant. I went to the doc. to get my blood drawn when i first suspected i was pregnant. She confirmed it. She told me my progesterone was low and then had me come in for another blood test. She then told me that everything was good and my progesterone was normal. However... i dont have a apt with her now until march 1st, i have been reading pregnancy books and they say that there is something called an ectopic pregnancy. How can i know if i have one. It mentions pains in the shoulder... what kind of pains and it says that you would have cramping. I have had cramps since day one back in Jan. Hope someone has some insite before march 1st. i dont know if i can wait that long. Thanks in advance.

kyla - February 21

Well I heard that it was cramping a__sociated on one side. and the cramping tends to to straight up to your shoulder. I think that the cramping would be very painful since ectopic pregnancy meand that the pregnancy is taking place in your fallopian tube instead of the uterus. Mild cramping during a normal pregnancy is quite common, its actually some peoples first sign of pregnancy. I hope this info was a little helpful.

KIM - February 21

Thank you Kyla... It was very helpful. I have a question that maybe you can answer. This is my first pregnancy and i am about 9 weeks. I have an appt on the 1st of march for an ultrasound but the past 3 days i have not felt pregnant. is that normal? thank you for your advice

kyla - February 22

Yep, some of the syptoms tend to slow down or completely disappear around this time. Your luck that you don't puke all the time. Some people don't feel anything throughout the whole pregnancy. I think you are going to be okay. If you are still concerned....call your doc so they can rea__sure you, if that would make you feel better. I think that when people are pregnant, espeaxially for the first time, they tend to have all kinds of worries. just take care of yourself and stay relaxed. Let us know how your doc apt goes!

KIM - February 22

Kyla... thank you for answering my questions. I guess the truth is, this is my first and i am as nervous as they come. I was told when i was 19 that i would be unable to get pregnant. My husband and i went to a fertility clinic about a month and a half ago and we told her that we wanted to get pregnant and we were willing to do anything... she simply laughed and said KIM, you are pregnant. I was such a wonderful surprise. I was just so happy and this is something we have always wanted. I am 24 and this is such a special gift. Thanks again for chatting. :) Feel free to chat more.

kyla - February 22

Wow that is amazing! I know that you and dear hubby were so excited and surprised. Congrats!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?