False Negatives-pg119479987212

1 Replies
teacherlady81 - November 11

hope its ok to join you but I"m freaking out as well. I'm 26 and my husband and I are trying. My last period was on October 4 and now its November 11. I'm 6 days late. I've done countless HPTs and a blood test. Nothing. I'm Ping constantly, I'm moody, wierd whitish discharge, bloating, I've had a runny nose for three weeks now, I had period like cramping about a week ago, I feel nauseated at the weirdest times of the day. I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has similar chain of events. At this point I'd be happy with anything being concrete. Is it possible that I am pregnant with a low HCG level?

poechrisk - November 11

Hi! You're more than welcome to join! False negatives are completely possible. Though not very common as late as you are. This didn't happen to me, but to a friend of mine. She was late for her AF and had some symptoms, but not very obvious. She took countless HPTs and they were always negative. She went to the doctor and he did a quant_tative blood test and said she was DEFINITELY pregnant and her HCG levels were normal! He ordered a second set and they doubled. She is now 24 weeks pg, and still doesn't get a positive on a HPT. This is rare, but it does happen. Her doc said that in some women the HCG doesn't metabolize in their urine, but it will metabolize in their blood. This is more common in early pregnancy, but later one it'll show up. My friend apparently isn't ever going to have it in her urine. If I were you I would hotfoot it to the doctor and get a quant_tative blood test! Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?