Hair Loss-pg112808661918

6 Replies
Hair Loss - September 30

I have been losing alot of hair lately, could this be a sign of pregnancy?

Dawn (DS) - September 30

I've never heard of hair loss as a pregnancy symptom, but I could be wrong. Have you been under alot of stress lately?

Alyssa - September 30

I've heard that the texture and fullness of your hair CAN change, but I'm not sure either. Good luck!

Jen - September 30

I've heard that you're more likely to have slightly increased fullness of hair during pregnancy and then some women can shed upto 3 months after pregnancy. Of course like everything with pg it seems to be different for everyone. Stress and poor nutrition are definite causes of hair loss as this is something i've suffered from myself due to these circ_mstances. It's probably useful to see your doctor as the stress of losing hair can make it worse! Hope this helps a little. Good luck to you.

kim - September 30

Jen is right. You will have more hair during pregnancy, and then will begin to shed when you have the baby. Hair loss can be many things. Thyroid problems, anorexia, blemia, and male patterned baldness can cause this. I know male patterned baldness sounds like it is only for men but women have it too, it is hereditary.

me - September 30

your other hormones can be out of whack. high female hormones can cause hair loss and well as the other things kim had mentioned. Good luck.

Susan - September 30

I just found out I am pregnant and I have recently been experiecing more hair loss than ever. This could very well be a sign. Do you have any other symptoms?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?