Husbands-pg111473348318

10 Replies
amy w - April 28

hi ladies, i have seen other posts that kind of stray away from the regular waiting for BFP's so i thought that i would start one of my own, i thought that maybe we could exchange stories on some of the sweetest things that our husbands/boyfriends have done for us, during our relationships, after all without them we wouldnt be TTC, or already pregnant lol! last year for my birthday, ( my Dh is in the navy ) before i moved here to hawaii to be with him, he was in san diego for a work up on a new ship, and he flew to chicago, and surprised me at work with a dozen long stem roses, and a little mini vacation with him for 4 days! i was so excited, and couldnt believe that he was actually there. i hope that you all like this post, and i cant wait to hear of other fun exciting stories from the rest of you! good luck to everyone!

amy w - April 28

shocked to see that a post expressing anger towards a question is getting more responses than this one which is fun and entertaining lol, i hope someone will be happy to share with me.

b - April 29

bump

Maria - April 29

I agree with your comment on the amount of responses towards an ugly post and then none on a fun one. Sad huh? That is a very sweet thing you dh did for you. The first thing that comes to my mind that my dh did was Valentines day a couple of years ago. He brought me to this restraunt where he knew the owner (I didn't know it). Throughout the entire meal they were bringing me gifts from him, first a dozen roses, then a necklace, then the earrings that matched and at the end they brought me a heart shapped cake that had I love you Maria on it. I was so embarra__sed, because everyone kept watching up to see what they were going to bring me next. It was very sweet though. I think your post is great, it was a nice little break from ttc. Thanks!!

amy w - April 29

hi maria...that was so sweet of him, when i read your story it gave me goose bumps! however i know i would have been just as embarra__sed as you lol. thanks for responding good luck to!

Alison - April 29

Hi Amy! That is so sweet what dh did. I know what you mean my dh is so lovely. He looks after me so well and is just lovely. I am so thankful for him and try and keep that in mind through ttc cos I know I'm so blessed to have him. What a good idea for a new post! xxx

Chriss - April 29

Amy W - Well lets see, I'm not sure that I can top your story because it is very romantic and sweet. My DH is french and so does/says alot of very wonderful things on a daily business, never fails to tell me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me and that my voice makes him smile. When we dating he surprised with this great B-Day. He had the whole thing planned, picked me up at work and drove me to my place and told me to put on some comfortable clothes like Jeans and so I did, had no idea what he was up to (the sneaky devil) anyway, he ended up taking me horseback riding on a little ranch outside the city, normally this wouldn't sound like anything special, but I grew up riding horses and hadn't been riding for many years and it was so great that he new how much I had loved/missed the farm. Afterwards, he drove me back home and tol me we were going to dinner and that I should change into something a little more "fancy". He didn't tell me where we were going, but we ended up at a little french bistro that had VERY small portions and FAB desserts at dinner he gave me a dozen roses!! I do love my DH to pieces, he is my best friend and I thank you amy w for starting this post as a reminder to some of us why we love the men that we do!!! Cheers

Heather - April 29

A few weeks after my m/c I was still pretty raw. Especially with my best friend 3 weeks from giving birth. Anyhow... My dh brought home a small box wrapped up one day. When I opened it my jaw dropped. There was a 3/4 carot diamond pendant in the box. He had this diamond in a ring that was from his first marriage. It was in his wedding band, not hers (he's a jewelry nut). Anyway I have been teasing him for 4 years about making it into a diamond pendant for me. When he brought that pendant home he said "The reason I had been holding on to that ring for so long is because I didn't want to forget the mistakes I had made, I don't need that reminder anymore. I love you." I bawled & haven't taken it off since.

Chriss - April 29

Heather, I'm crying here!! That's is so amazing!! Good for you to have such a wonderful guy!

amy w - April 29

all of these stories are great! we all have amazing husbands, and even though now and then we get a little crazy with this ttc, they are still so supportive and loving which is wonderful! thank you ladies.

bump - April 30

bump

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?