I M Confused-pg12107959468

10 Replies
MELICA - May 14

i have been having some symptoms that are not very normal for me. on the 9th of this month i had some cramps, which i have never had before not even with af. they were not too painful just very uncomfortable. my bbs are very sore especially on the outside near my armpits and some slight lightheadedness. i have also had some slight nausea for the past 5 days. af is not due until the 19th. since i have been having weird symptoms i figured i would take a test. i work at a hospital so i had someone draw my blood and used it. i let some time pass about 4 minutes. i saw a faint positive. wraped it in my pocket then 10 minutes later it was gone. what does this mean? was it too early?

kalokairi - May 14

you saw a faint positive on what? they run the blood through a machine. you took a urine too?

MELICA - May 14

IT IS A TEST YOU CAN USE SERUM OR URINE. SO I USED SERUM SINCE I FIGURED IT WOULD HAVE A GREATER CONCENTRATION.

kalokairi - May 14

ive never heard of that. go ask the lab.

kalokairi - May 14

also, if you have access to your own blood then why not just do the hcg that way, it is the most accurate anyway. this all makes no sense. and before you dig further, i work in a hospital lab.

andesue - May 14

wow, that seemed kind of hostile.... my understanding is that you aren't supposed to read results after the amount of time has past that it says in the directions of the test... so, look at the test kit and see what it says about how long to wait... and I've heard that a positive is a positive no matter how faint.... Good luck

krissy2006 - May 14

I don't work in a hospital or a lab but I do know that when they take your blood to confirm pregnancy they are either testing for the presence of hcg (qualitative) or the actual amount of hcg (quant_tative) and as far as I know they don't use a test with lines to do it. The only test that comes with lines are store bought urine tests. And Andsue is right to some respect, a true second line that is the same in width and tint is a line no matter what, but a line that disappears is not a positive, more likely an evaporation line, especially if it is gray. A true positive will never disappear.

krissy2006 - May 14

9 Months later I still have my 'faint as all get out' BFP from 10dpo. The line has never disappeared.

MELICA - May 15

kalokairi-first of all your a rude b****! it is a qualative test, not a quant_tative. yes i did take the time to seperate my blood and drop the serum into the well on the test. and you have to have a docters order to do a quant_tative test(the machines). dont talk about what you dont know. everyone else. thank you for your replies ill just wait out the 4 days and test again, using urine so noone gets confused

MELICA - May 15

kalokairi- and since you know so much here is a link. rapidtest.com/HCG%20_113029-1ST.pdf sorry i must educate those who THINK they know everything.

kalokairi - May 15

wouldnt even have occured to me that you would waste your time with a qualitative when you arent even late for your period. then you know it was too soon. a quant_tative would have answered your question already. but im sure you already know that.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?