Is It All In My Head -pg110343232052

6 Replies
Michelle - December 18

I am a 23 year old, and my husband and I are trying to have a baby. I went off the pill near the end of October, and had my last period the last week of the month. It is now end of December and I have not gotten my period at all. I am 3 weeks late, I've taken 4 pregnancy tests and all are negative. I am on a 28 day cycle, and we had intercourse around the 13-15th day. I have experienced fatigue, headaches, increase in apet_te, sickness for only a few days and I thought my br___ts had increased in size only slightly. I am just really frustrated. I get cramps like I'm having a period, I have more discharge than usual....but nothing. Yesterday I had extreme pain on the left side of my abdomen that actually took my breath away. Someone told me it could be a tubal pregnancy or a "phantom" pregnancy - meaning its all in my head, but I'm still going through all the motions. I just dont know what to do or what to think. Im frustrated beyond belief and am starting to feel bad about the whole thing. I havent been stressed out or anything.....please help...anyone. Mich__le

jay - December 19

Being 3 weeks late - get a blood test for sure!!! Good luck - you sound preg to me.

magic - December 19

Michelle, I know what your going through I was on the pill for 10 years I also went off in Oct and had a period Oct 24th until the 27th. I did not get a period in Nov, but I did get one Dec 4th - 7th started heavy and ended light really short.I have taken a millon HPT they were all Neg, however this month I have had really sore b___st I have been very ga__sy and I can eat a house I tested friday Neg. I had s_x on the day I ovualted so I guess I will have to wait.I know for sure I did the finger test to be for sure. So keep me posted and good luck. I know what your going through.

Grandpa Viv - December 19

You had the last pill-induced period at the end of October, since when there has been no period. I understand that it frequently takes several months for the normal cycle to get re-established after quitting the pill. You have no way of knowing the length of your cycle at this point. You are having signs of early pregnancy, but we have frequent posts saying that coming off the pill the body does strange things, and you should not hang your hat on these signs. I am concerend about the pain in your side, but since it did not last, maybe it is not serious. Tubal pregnancies are not normally a problem until 8-10 weeks. For what it is worth I suggest you focus on BBT measurement to establish when you start ovulating, then learn about cervical mucus signs. The best time to get pregnant is in the several days before you ovulate, not on day 14. And if it turns out you are pregnant, I take it all back.

jill - December 20

whats the finger test? Ive been feeling sick, for the past month or two, have taken 2 tests, neg, Been gaining weight (but i do drink alot of soda), me and my bf use condoms, but sometimes use the pull out method.. My stomach feels funny, have cramps, and i was 3 days late on my period, but finally got it, and ended it yesterday.. have headaches..

Nurse Cece - December 21

Best thing to do is go to the doctor.. they can tell you exactly what you need to know if you're late for two weeks minimum.. Base on my experiences i had the same situation before and i happened to be negative and late for one month and the result after 2 months was negative..

Michelle - December 30

Well guys.....I was gonna go to get a blood test done today and wouldnt you know it I got my period last night! Late by a month , but right on schedule at the end of the month. Kind of a relief, but dissapointing at the same time. This one's a doosy! lol.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?