Is It Possible -pg114668242318

5 Replies
jgirl - May 3

I've been on birth control for several years mainly to control stomach cramps. I know the level of protection and the odds of getting pregnant while on it. But I've had two cousins get pregnant while on the same birth control as me. I've been married for about 6 months now. For the past month or so, I've been feeling extremely tired, certain smells make me feel sick to my stomach - that is if I am not already feeling that way, I feel like I am hungry ALL the time even an hour or so after eating, and I've noticed a little weight gain. My period is not due until this weekend and my periods have just about always fluctuated on the start date. I've already tested once and it came back negative two weeks ago. My question, could it still be possible that I might be pregnant? Should I test again?

Lin - May 3

If you've been having those symptoms for a whole month, then it's unlikely that you're pregnant. Symtoms do not usually show up until after implantation, which occurs approximately a week to a week and a half after ovulation. Therefore, one would only expect pregnancy symptoms in the week before their period. You describe symptoms that started long before you even ovulated. Have you recently changed pills? Any changes in the hormones you're taking can cause such symptoms.

jgirl - May 3

Nope, same pills as usual.

Emma2 - May 3

There is a 1% chance of getting pregnant with perfect use of the pill. Like Lin said you couldnt be feeling this all month because only after fully implaneted you get real pregnancy symtoms...BUT BUT BUT...if you are that 1% you may have gotten pregnant before that....BUT you got your period last cycle right?

jgirl - May 3

Yes, however it lasted just two days. And it was late by like three days.

jgirl - May 3

Oh yeah, and I regret to say that my use of the pill has not been perfect for the last two months. I've had a couple events that had caused me to miss one or two pills. Last minute out of town weekend trips where the husband packed for me and picked me up from work. Promises he remembered to pack them and find them missing when we get there.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?