Is It Possible Pg1243887243

23 Replies
sevynmama13 - June 1

hi all. I have a question but I thoughtd I'd give you all some background info so you can understand better. Last year i had baby girl who is now 10 months old. I had mirena put in when she was 7 weeks and had it taken out it march due to complications. (painful during s_x and I developed a va___al wall cyst) I had a very normal period in april (22)and then in may(23) I had a much lighter period with almost no cramping and it was way shorter than usual(no clots either). I have had some symptoms like nausea and sore br___ts. I took a preg test last friday but it was neg. I guess my question is could I be pregnant still? I have heard of something called the hook effect in pregnancy but I guess the only thing thats throwing me off is that bleeding I had in may. I know I sound silly but I know what I feel like when I'm pregnant and I just feel preg. and advice is appreciated. Thanx!

Grandpa Viv - June 2

Wait a week and take another test using first morning pee, dip method. Sometimes it takes a while for the hormone to build up. Since it is two months and one normal period since you had mirena out, the chances of this being withdrawal symptoms are going down. good luck!

Krissy68 - June 10

Grandpa Viv - I have a question and I am hoping you could advise. I am currently on cd 27/13dpo and my temp took a nose dive from yesterday 98.39 to 97.94. This was the first time I was 12 days above the coverline. Anyway I am bloated, creamy cm, fatigue, itt_table, ga__sy, constipated, cramps and some dizziness, I did take a hpt on 6/3 (my birthday I was only 6dpo) it was Neg and then I took another one on 6/8 11dpo and it was negative. I should be getting AF between 12-15. What do you think? Please help. Krissy68

Krissy68 - June 11

I just wanted to let you know that AF found me at 3am. Krissy68

Livviesmama - June 17

Krissy, I'm sorry AF came. This is my first post on any of these forums, I finally joined because I'm going nuts. I am on cd26 and about 13dpo I think. BFN this morning. I don't know if my cycle will be regular. I took the pill from when I was 18-23, and was off less than 2 months and got pregnant with DD. I've had Mirena since she was born, almost 4 years and just got it out about 6 weeks ago. Had yucky withdrawl symptoms, then AF came on May 22nd. I have no idea what to expect from my cycle. My b___bs are KILLING me, but I don't know if that's just PMS. I O'd with Mirena, and got used to what my CM was like. I believe I O'd between June 3-5. I'm nauseous, tired and feel pregnant. But is my mind playing tricks on me? Could it just be PMS? I'm losing my mind waiting. With DD I didn't get a BFP til 7 WEEKS!! A wait that long will definitely make me lose my mind!

tommygurl1028 - June 17

i have been on birth control for 3 years, and never missed a pill. i had my last period on may 20th to the 24th and my last period was supposed to start on the 7th and i had 3 positive tests. i am sure i'm probably pregnant but the doctor won't see me until i'm farther along. any advice or thoughts on any of this would be helpful....i would appreciate it so much it's stressing me out!

Livviesmama - June 17

Are you still on birth control? I'm surprised your dr won't see you. How much further along does he want you to be? I've read up a lot in the last few weeks and everything I've read has said that false positives are very rare. 3 seems impossible to me. I don't know how you could NOT be pregnant. If your dr wants you to wait much longer you might want to consider going somewhere like planned parenthood, just to get some answers. Does your dr know you're on birth control? Sorry, it just seems so weird that he won't see you...

tommygurl1028 - June 17

i stopped taking my pills as soon as i found out....the receptionist said i had to be at least 8-10 weeks but i am very upset they won't see me! i wanted to know what kind of pre-natal vitamins to get and at least have the dr. give me some advice. i don't have a regular dr. because i'm still a college student so they knew nothing about me. i don't think i want to go back to them though. i know the obvious things like no smoking or alcohol but i'm trying to learn everything else. this was an unplanned pregnancy but i want more than anything to have a healthy baby!! thank you so much for responding, it's nice to know there are caring people out there.

Livviesmama - June 18

I would definitely go to another Dr. When you know what to expect and what to do, as long as you're seen before 13 weeks you're supposed to be fine, but when you're scared and clueless you should be able to see a dr when YOU want. Even if you're happy about it it is still a scary and HUGE thing! Congrats though, btw :) being a mom is amazing. In the meantime, when I was pregnant with my daughter I my dr told me that any prenatal vitamin you can find in the store is as good as the next. I think the main things are that you're getting iron and folic acid. As far as things to avoid, basically you can't take any meds. Really. It kind of sucks. But you can take tylonol if you get headaches (some people do during pregnancy, even if they didn't before) and my dr told me tylonol pm is okay if you can't sleep. You're not supposed to take pretty much anything else, that includes cold meds, anything. There are some that are okay but I don't know what, I would avoid anything until you can see a dr. Also avoid shellfish and actually I think the rule is no more than 6oz of fish a week while you're pregnant. Don't stand within 2 feet of the microwave while it's going. And just generally try to be healthy. Exercise is good, but don't start any new hard core kind of thing. Any exercise you were doing before you were pregnant is fine, as long as it's not too bouncy and doesn't force you to hold your breath. Um...If I think of anything else I'll write back again. I don't know everything, and lots of people LOVE to give you advice while you're pregnant, so it can get confusing. I read a lot, which helped me at least feel more comfortable. What to expect when you're expecting is a great book, and the Girlfriend's guide to pregnancy is good and light hearted, easy and fun to read. Good luck with everything! Keep me posted, you're the first person I've ever talked to on a forum!

tommygurl1028 - June 18

how old is your daughter? were the first 3 months hard for you? i can't begin to explain how much your advice means to me. i already ordered a few books, including what to expect. i've been doing my best to read online of things not to do as well, but a couple of those you mentioned i didn't hear about so thank you! this is my first time ever posting anything on a website, but i knew there would be mothers or pregnant women out there who would read it! the baby's father and i are getting pretty excited but i'm still nervous to get too excited because of the chances of miscarriage. i really hope that doesn't happen....but thank you again so much it's so nice to have someone to help me along the way! i will definintly keep you posted!

kimberly - June 18

Also don't eat anything unpasteurized, the bactaria can be harmful, the fish thing is because it has mecury in it. Also stay away from fumes. (paint, gas, ect)Other than that just eat healthy and remember eating while pregnant doesn't mean eating for two. The baby only needs about 300 calories to survive each day.

Livviesmama - June 18

Oh, yeah, no soft cheeses, they also carry bacteria. Mine daughter is almost 4 now. The first 3-4 months were hard for me, I was nauseous most of the time. I hope you're luckier than that. One thing I regret is not taking great care of myself, I ate like c___p and didn't exercise at all and I think it made me feel a lot worse than I needed to. I'm glad you've ordered books, for me they just helped me feel a little more normal, like, "oh, this happens to lots of people!" I'll let you know in the next couple of days if I'm pregnant. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and we can do this together. I'm hoping to NOT get my period tomorrow. We'll see. My husband is stationed in GA and I'm in UT and can't move because of the custody arrangement I have with my ex husband. If I'm not pregnant it may be a few more months before I can even try, I won't see my hubby again til probably Aug..

tommygurl1028 - June 18

i wish you the best of luck!! i will keep my fingers crossed for you! i have been eating pretty healthy so far, mostly fruits and vegetables and a little bit of baked chicken. keep me posted when you take your test i would love to hear how it turns out! p.s. i've been having some cramping and it feels like cramps during my period...is that normal?

Livviesmama - June 19

I had some cramps early in my pregnancy and my dr ordered an ultrasound to make sure everything was okay-which it was. I think they're probably normal, I just wish you had a dr who was willing to give you the time you deserve.

MomNLove - June 19

Hi, I just wanted to leave a comment for the original poster, Sevynmama13. I wanted to tell you that when my little girl was 3 months old I also got the Mirena put in and I promplty had it taken out 2 1/2 weeks later due to HORRIBLE side effects and i too felt very pregnant that next month and my periods were all messed up for a few months there after, leading me to believe I was pregnant, but I was not. The hormones in the Mirena device can mess with your body and throw everything off. I hope that you were able to sort out whatever it was that taking place with your body, and hopefully you've gotten some sense of normalcy again. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. Also, a site where many women post their symptoms, struggels and side effects with the Mirena is medications.com and just look up Mirena and you can read what other women when through in the months after getting it out. Take care and good luck.

MomNLove - June 19

And to tommygurl...I also had cramping during my first pregnancy in the first 6-7 weeks and all was well. I even spotted a few times during the cramping and all was still well. During this pregnancy (about 6 weeks along) I've had no cramping, and I thought that was abnormal, LOL! But i was a__sured by my ob that cramping or no cramping, that's not necessarly a sign that something is wrong. Take care and congratulations.

Livviesmama - June 19

Man, it seems like ever since I started looking into getting my IUD removed I've heard more and more bad things about it. I had mine removed a bit less than 2 months ago. I had it in for 3.5 years and it was the best thing for me. I loved it. I had a couple weeks of hormone withdrawls when I had it removed but thats it. Guess I was lucky... Here's my update. Since I don't know what to expect my cycles to be like I don't really know when to expect a period, but here's what I know. I'm on CD28, I O'd on CD13, so I'm 15 dpo. No AF yet, but it's only like 10am! I don't feel pregnant. I actually feel really well. I don't feel PMS-y at all either. I'm going nuts. With my daughter my BFP came really late, I had 3 negative tests after my missed period. Last week I was really nauseous, but I'm fine now. And my b___bs hurt, but it seems like it's lessening. I want to be pg so badly. Ugh. Going to try to wait til Sunday to test.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?