Just A Quick Question-pg114748021918

7 Replies
tas - May 12

I am due for af today. I have no symptoms that af is coming. took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and the hcg hormone is high enough yet? I would appreciate anything anyone has to say. thank you

Lin - May 12

It's possible but unlikely. There is a minority of women who get late positives or none at all, but it is a small minority.

tas - May 12

okay thank you

Saird - May 12

I disagree Lin. IF she's not even a day late yet for AF then who's to say that hcg is just not high enough yet. I thought I read that although pregnancy tests say they can detect it the first day of a missed period- that that in itself is the small percentage and that pregnancy tests give more accurate results a week after a missed period.

Lin - May 12

Even if it's not 97-99% accurate, as they claim on the box, it's still highly likely to be accurate the day af is due. Of course, there's always the possibility that she ovulated late and so is testing too soon, but if her schedules are always regular, then there's no reason to a__sume this would be the one late month.

Grandpa Viv - May 13

A week late on AF an hCG anywhere from 19 to 7,340 is normal (see http://www.obfocus.com/questions/qanda7.htm ...no hyphens). There are many women here reporting no positive until 5 weeks or later. On AF day a neg test is better characterized as "reduced probability"; other factors such as exposure and early signs seem as indicative as the test result.

Saird - May 15

I see Tas got a BFP on another thread...so I guess that answers that question...

kruger - May 16

am i knocked up?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?